What's new

A Sad Old Man

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I remember when I had to put down my own dog after only two years of life, I felt that pain. I understand exactly what you mean, I love my dog as much as some people. It's like losing part of your family. I will be thinking of you brother.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres a special bond between a man and his dog, i love mine as children and dread the day I gotta say goodbye. Keep your pal comfortable and be there for him when its time.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It makes perfectly good since to me how you are feeling, Dave. It's one of the hardest things in the world to do. They are family to us and unless you are a pet owner you just don't know how much family they really are.
Good luck.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
so sorry to hear this Dave..

Ive got a 16+ year old "pup" thats lost a couple of steps lately.. Ive really seen her slow down quite a bit over the past 12 - 18 months.. and while she doesnt appear to be sick in any way.. Im already dreading what I know will likely come in the next year or two.. she's been a great friend, and a constant companion over the years.. while I love my 2 knucklehead german shepherds too... "Grace" is unquestionably my "favorite".. we share a very cool, and unique bond..

If you need anything at all.. please.. call... Im just an hour away.. we can link up somewhere, share a smoke, and swap furry friend stories.. and remember the good times they have brought us along the way..

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So sorry to hear this Dave. I think dogs have a feeling when they don't have much time left. So the best thing you can do is spend as much time with him possible, and comfort him. I will keep you guys in my thought and prayers.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
so sorry to hear this Dave..

Ive got a 16+ year old "pup" thats lost a couple of steps lately.. Ive really seen her slow down quite a bit over the past 12 - 18 months.. and while she doesnt appear to be sick in any way.. Im already dreading what I know will likely come in the next year or two.. she's been a great friend, and a constant companion over the years.. while I love my 2 knucklehead german shepherds too... "Grace" is unquestionably my "favorite".. we share a very cool, and unique bond..

If you need anything at all.. please.. call... Im just an hour away.. we can link up somewhere, share a smoke, and swap furry friend stories.. and remember the good times they have brought us along the way..
Another sad day... reviving this old thread in remembrance of Grace.. she passed today... had a great life.. was with my wife for 18 years.. and me close to 9...

Grace literally climbed pikes peak in her younger days.. she loved hiking in the mountains.. probably put 300+ miles under her paws over the years in the rockies and smokeys.. she sat with me in the backyard for hundreds of cigars.. and was my office companion most days for the past 5 years.. she pretty much followed me to work everyday and just sat on my feet, never moving, until the day was over..

She's missed..

konmtu

CRA #100012823
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Sorry to hear that, Dave. As someone who's had to go through this twice this year, I understand your pain. It sucks. Our thought are with you.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Another sad day... reviving this old thread in remembrance of Grace.. she passed today... had a great life.. was with my wife for 18 years.. and me close to 9...

Grace literally climbed pikes peak in her younger days.. she loved hiking in the mountains.. probably put 300+ miles under her paws over the years in the rockies and smokeys.. she sat with me in the backyard for hundreds of cigars.. and was my office companion most days for the past 5 years.. she pretty much followed me to work everyday and just sat on my feet, never moving, until the day was over..

She's missed..
That stinks Monte.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0

She's missed..
Damn Monte, that breaks my heart. She is at the big park in the sky. All the bones she wants.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

She's missed..
Sorry for your loss, brother. One of the hardest things in the world to deal with.