What's new

A Warning to the Curious: "Dominican Grab-Bag Sampler" from CI/C-Bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Bomb @luckysaturn13 with those puppies...
That's what I was thinking.

I am curious about that USMC

Is that a dog on the band?

USMC as in US Marine Corp?

I don't see the concept. But the band looks cool.
Can you take a pic of it?
Pretty sure this indicates that @herfdog wants these bombed to him.

To ease your pain I'll try to "like" your posts for the next couple of days. At least you'll get something out of this.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'll be honest. I'm contemplating buying it just to get that USMC stick. Not that I'd ever smoke it, but us jarheads aren't always too bright and there's some humor in showing off random things with our alma mater affixed.
Don't. You'll never be the same. Photos cannot show the pure soul-crushing despair that emanates from those sticks.
Plus the sampler changes. Someone I know bought one and had 10 different sticks. Can you imagine buying more than one of those things?!?

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Personally, I don't see why this would at all be a surprise lol and how you didn't expect that you'd get exactly what they sent you.
Yeah, I didn't expect much, but didn't expect quite this bad either.... I was thinking it would be more along the lines of the "classic" dog rockets, with maybe a couple of smokeable sticks. Raji's Untimely Demise, Fighting Cocks, counterfeit Sherpas etc. I guess they save those for their "premium" grab-bags! I've never heard of a single one of these. i was also a little surprised that they'd include machine-made cigarillos. I just feel sorry for the guys who paid $10 or more for these samplers, so hopefully this thread will warn people off in the future.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Don't. You'll never be the same. Photos cannot show the pure soul-crushing despair that emanates from those sticks.
Well put, sir. It's not the 4 bucks, it's the fact that these things even exist and found their way into my possession. It's the same feeling i had when helping my mom go through my grandma's stuff after she died, and reached into a plastic bag and found myself holding her old dentures. Curiosity killed the cat, and I'm guessing this sampler has killed a few folks, too.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@c.ortiz108 I'm not sure that's the best first trade I could make but I did already admit I'm not the sharpest. That sucker will likely age for the rest of my life in a humidor just to break out once in a blue moon to show it to some other Marine. My PM is on the way. Thanks.
The noobie sampler trade is definitely the best first trade you can do - I'm sure whoever you get paired with will treat you right.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
That's what I was thinking.

Pretty sure this indicates that @herfdog wants these bombed to him.

To ease your pain I'll try to "like" your posts for the next couple of days. At least you'll get something out of this.
no. no need to bomb. I'd be interested in the band. NOT the cigar. nothing to see here. Move along.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Looking for USMC cigars? Check the ones from Cuban crafters. They are mild churchills, but I remember them being deceit. Although, that was 8 years ago.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I get that you guys think these sticks stink but what happened to "smoke what you like?" (personally, I think that's silly but everyone seems to say it.)

I know there are people who look at what I smoke and say "I would never smoke that crap."

I do not smoke most of the stuff that people put pics of on BOTL but I don't go around telling people what they smoke is unsmokable even if I think it.

Maybe someone likes these. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.