What's new

A Warning to the Curious: "Dominican Grab-Bag Sampler" from CI/C-Bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is the only time I've ever felt ripped off paying 40 cents each for 10 cigars. This sampler regularly goes for $10 or more on C-Bid - I was "lucky" and got it for $4. That could have bought me a coffee and a donut. What I got was worse beyond my wildest nightmares:

Puros Nirvana Churchill
Tradicionales lancero
CI house brand torpedo
Private Reserve Platinum Series (Compliments of…) corona
La Cuna Bin no. 260
Tamboril torpedo
USMC torpedo
Grand Reserve petit corona
Respect CMTC cigarillo
132 Kentucky Derby robusto

Seriously, where do even dig up this shit? The only one that looks like something I'd actually try is the Tamboril, and maybe the Puros Nirvana. Maybe not. Anyone ever smoke any of these?

SouthernerInSask

© MCMLXI
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
the only one ive had is a tamboril. that was at least 3 years ago or more & it was bad enough that i still remember smoking it i hope they have improved since then...

hopefully you will be able to smoke enough of them to break even

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
the only one ive had is a tamboril. that was at least 3 years ago or more & it was bad enough that i still remember smoking it i hope they have improved since then...

hopefully you will be able to smoke enough of them to break even
There's almost nothing about any of these online, except a couple of pages on the Tamboril. One said they spray the leaves with cocoa powder mist so it sounded interesting.... guess not, though!.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Looks like the dog rocket PIF has been located :ROFLMAO: Then again, for $4 I guess it lives up to the old adage of "you get what you pay for". Sorry you found out the hard way. On the bright side, they are perfect smokes for those buddies that don't smoke, but feel the need to have a smoke when they're around and toss it after a few puffs. The entertainment factor of that alone should be worth $4 :D

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Those are beyond dog rockets
Yeah, and those two small ones are more like raccoon rockets.

Where is the Biker's Butt cigar we all were hoping for?? Buy another sampler. We need that cigar.
Yet another of life's grand disappointments.... I didn't get that counterfeit Sherpa candela either. :arghh:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually look better than the ones in mine. A couple of my grab bag sticks literally would not let air pass through them. Such as the Biker Butt.

Think of it this way though.. You have now seen the worst of the worst (if you don't count some fake Cubans found in Tijuana).

Buying CI blind samplers is worse than just throwing your money away. The sheer horror of looking at those misbegotten hellish sticks... they should pay you for. You lose more than cash, you lose your innocence.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
This is the only time I've ever felt ripped off paying 40 cents each for 10 cigars. This sampler regularly goes for $10 or more on C-Bid - I was "lucky" and got it for $4. That could have bought me a coffee and a donut. What I got was worse beyond my wildest nightmares:

Puros Nirvana Churchill
Tradicionales lancero
CI house brand torpedo
La Cuna Bin no. 260
Tamboril torpedo
USMC torpedo
Respect CMTC cigarillo

Seriously, where do even dig up this shit? The only one that looks like something I'd actually try is the Tamboril, and maybe the Puros Nirvana. Maybe not. Anyone ever smoke any of these?
Those would be perfect for the dog rocket pass.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0

Puros Nirvana Churchill
Tradicionales lancero
CI house brand torpedo
La Cuna Bin no. 260
Tamboril torpedo
USMC torpedo
Respect CMTC cigarillo
I am curious about that USMC

Is that a dog on the band?

USMC as in US Marine Corp?

I don't see the concept. But the band looks cool.
Can you take a pic of it?

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0

Puros Nirvana Churchill
Tradicionales lancero
CI house brand torpedo
La Cuna Bin no. 260
Tamboril torpedo
USMC torpedo
Respect CMTC cigarillo

Personally, I don't see why this would at all be a surprise lol and how you didn't expect that you'd get exactly what they sent you.

Status
Not open for further replies.