What's new

Aaaaaaand hipster cigar design has jumped the shark.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
So you are not going for the Siracha Cigars they are putting out next? Lol
I get what you are saying but as I have read on here many times, we are the minority of cigar smokers. The educated ones. There will no doubt be droves of the mindless that fall into the gimmick.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
So you are not going for the Siracha Cigars they are putting out next? Lol
I get what you are saying but as I have read on here many times, we are the minority of cigar smokers. The educated ones. There will no doubt be droves of the mindless that fall into the gimmick.
Devil's Advocate: I felt that way about the Jalapeno from Viaje. Then @MrSmallBatch hit me with one and it was pretty darned tasty.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
The fox is the companies logo... http://foxtobacco.com/gilbert/

And FWIW those lanceros were really good smokes. Never saw the packaging though. They should have gone a different direction there.
Yeah I know. That's the problem there ad honestly the problem across the board with the products brought up in this thread, they didn't think it through, they just put the product out without giving a thought to the implications.

BoneYard

Spent loot on Scotch,Women&Cigars -rest I wasted.
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Stuffed turkey comes to mind. liked the cigar, the band not so much. it looks cheap as does the fox. neither are targeted at kids though IMHO.
Still looks cheap. Dont get it.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
That's actually one of the better cigar bars in the Phoenix area. They probably just sold the cigar, but had nothing to do with its production or branding. I've been to the place once. Amazing walk-in.
Cliff worked with Eddie Ortega on that blend. They didn't release them blindly. They were very good IMO. As to the branding, just look at the JG Fox from My Father. They added a secondary band with the fox logo as well.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The other night on smoke night live, the host and Coop spoke about this topic. The host said that this cigar is damn good. He said it's the best smoke this company has come out with. Makes me want to try it out now...
If I'm actually successful at posting this with my phone, go to 25:25.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On a side note..... Raise your hand if you "KNOW" where the phrase Jumping ths Shark came from. I asume Senior Perfecto does, since he referrenced it. I predict not many under the age of 40 will know.
Regretfully I do... sigh, it sucks getting old...

STS
"I found my thrill on Blueberry Hill..."

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Paul and all,

My gut reaction was identical to yours hence what I originally typed... I felt the same way when I say that Uncle Lee Cereal Box idea that was sent out to press, but Davidoff quickly and wisely so yanked the product package concept.

I deleted/redacted my comment because I realized it was wrong for me to be critical of something just because I saw it on the Internet in forum when -I- do have ready access to the principals at the company to first verify the legitimacy of such a product. So I sent them an email and after I speak with someone there I will then offer my opinion.

I suspect it is a bad joke by some underling - will update when I know.

BR,

STS
^^^ Man I love this guy!