What's new

Accumonitor Jr. Review

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
This thread is intended to detail the performance of the newly released Accumonitor Junior. RonC has graciously offered to send me an Accumonitor Jr. and all he asked in return was that I detail the endeavor on BOTL. Who am I to refuse such a wonderful offer!

It will be an ongoing thread as I receive it, install it, and wait for the humidity to drop in Virginia. I am currently maintaining 65% RH without anything running in my cabinet.

Have fun and I hope you enjoy viewing the journey!

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
The "brains" of the system. The large gray knob is the humidity sensor, the small yellow knob is the RH adjustment knob, and the small screw is for fine tuning adjustment.

The green light will illuminate when I am in my adjusted RH range and the red light will turn on if the humidity drops.

Attachments

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
The intended victim. Notice the readings on the hygrometers with no humidification running in the cabinet! :popeyes:

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Stay tuned this week as I pick up the needed materials to mount and install the system.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Damn David...is there any room in there?
None at all. And that is just the front level of boxes. If you look closely, you will see signs of the boxes that are behind what you see.

It will be interesting trying to place the canisters. Oh wait...I can just send cigars to all those traitors that you got to bomb me! :grin:

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Had to move the shelf up one notch (highest setting on the Antietam) in order for the canister to fit on the bottom. Might end up just pulling the shelf...undecided on that until I do the actual mounting.

At that point I had to play cigar box tetris with the 23 boxes in there. I think I got it rearranged.

1. The canister sits in this position in the back corner.
2. The secondary fan will be mounted on this side.
3. The "brains" will be mounted on this side.

Going to go with a velcro mount since the components are light. Stay tuned for actual mounted pictures.

Attachments

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Might just be better off keeping in on an empty canister and placing it in the left corner then?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
that would be easiest. you could remove the fan from the lid. put some 2 sided tape on 2 adjacent sides of the fan. then stick the fan into a corner of the cabinet. one side of the fan body would be stuck to the back wall of the cabinet, the next side would be stuck to a side wall of the cabinet.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I'll go play tetris again. I am going to attempt to go with the easiest solution...which would be placing the empty canister in the left corner.