What's new

Accumonitor Jr. Review

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Ok...this is what I am gonna go with now. I pulled the front layer of boxes to show the setup in the pic. The canister is in the right corner and the fan is sitting on the top box in the left corner. If this proves to be a hassle, I will mount it. We'll see.

Attachments

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
BkSmoke said:
Tetris would be alot easier if you send me the box of Montecristos and the Bolivar pc's
The Monte box is full of random Monte's...not just #2's.

As a matter of fact, out of all those boxes, only 5-6 are actually full of what the box says. I use a system of putting various cigars of the same marquee in the box. In other words, when I open the R&J box, there might be 6-7 different kinds of R&J's in the box. That way they are atleast semi organized.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
dave, 2 way tape would work great for attaching the lid to the rear wall of the cabinet. For any potential customers, if a circulation fan is desired, you will receive the same fan kit that matt installs in his cabinet. I sent Dave 2 canisters cause I didnt know exactly how he would set up the Accu jr. A canister can remain empty, and act as a circulation fan.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Upon powering up, the system immediately went into "red mode" which I expected with my cabinet door open for 30 minutes. I was glad because this allowed me to physically check to make sure both fans were operating...which they were.

The system took my RH to 67ish per my hygrometers and then went into "green mode." I gave the yellow knob about an 1/8 turn counter clockwise and the cabinet has since settled to around 65ish, which is my preference.

On a side note: The power cord on the Accumonitor Junior is thin enough to go through the back of the Antietam/Mannasas plug so there is no worries in regards to not having a ribbon cable like the Cigar Oasis setup.

Now...we'll let things settle and see how the maintaining of the RH goes. As stated earlier, the true test will be when this damn humidity drops in Virginia!

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
RonC said:
dave, 2 way tape would work great for attaching the lid to the rear wall of the cabinet. For any potential customers, if a circulation fan is desired, you will receive the same fan kit that matt installs in his cabinet. I sent Dave 2 canisters cause I didnt know exactly how he would set up the Accu jr. A canister can remain empty, and act as a circulation fan.
We'll see how it goes. If the secondary fan on top of the boxes proves to be a hassle, I will go that route.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
$150 with 1 canister. extra canisters are $35. can handle up to 4 canisters. good for a cabinet up to 40 cu ft.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
also, all kits will come with wire clips for installing wires on side of cabinet. Dave will be getting soem clips too.