What's new

Accumonitor Jr. Review

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Alright, up and running for a day.

First of all, I have always used the Cigar Oasis in my cabinet. It worked fine but we are now comparing apples to oranges for a couple of reasons:

1. After fiddling around with the settings, I have determined that there is a much wider window of RH that one can obtain with the Accu Jr...in other words, the adjustment settings seem to be more responsive at smaller increments. That goes either way...bringing your RH up or taking your RH down.

2. The response time to the RH adjustment is incredible. I set it a little to high for my liking and I literally stood there and watched my hygrometer setting rise a point every 20-30 seconds! You might say, "big deal, as long as I get it to the intended RH I want, I am happy." Well...think of the winter time when the ambient RH drops, you open your cabinet, and the hygro plummets to 40-50%. I am quite confident that the Accu Jr. will bring the RH back to the desired level in a very short amount of time.

I know there are a few of you that are excited about the performance of this newly released item so I urge you to continue to follow this thread especially when the RH drops in the fall. I will keep it stickied and continue to update as things change in regards to settings and ambient humidity.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
RonC said:
also, all kits will come with wire clips for installing wires on side of cabinet. Dave will be getting soem clips too.
What are you saying Ron?...you don't like my clear packing tape job on the wires??

:grin:

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I will be offering the Accu Jr preset at 65 or 69 %. I could even do 60%. I cant promise that it wont need some slight adjustment at home, but I will use my humidity chamber to dial them in as close as I can. And of course, they can be adjusted easily at home.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Still holding steady. The unit has not kicked in and I am fluctuating between 65-67%. Even though the unit has not turned on, I attribute this slight fluctuation to the mere presense of the canister of distilled water in the cabinet.

Prior to installation, I let the CO go dry in May so basically there was no distilled water in the cabinet at all and it was fluctuating between 62-65%.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Dave, same deal in my house. Humidity has been bad on long island this year. havent had my Accumonitor plugged in almost 2 months.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
All is well still.

Can't wait for the summer humidity to drop so I can really watch this thing in action!

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
caudio51 said:
So far, so boring. So working perfectly.
Exactly!

I guess I could pull off my tape job and use those fancy clips Ron sent so I would have some more pics to post. :grin:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Looks like you just gave yourself another project.

Make sure the wires are straight or Todd's OCD will force him to come fix them.