What's new

Addicted? I think not...

joshrich

4 strings and 9 fingers
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, my wife has the notion in her head that my 2 cigar a week habit was an addiction (even though I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day for 10 years!) and has challenged me to go a month w/o a cigar. I'm 2 weeks in and so far so good....BUT, she's out of town tonight, and I've got a full humidor just calling my name!

Don't get me wrong, for those of you who've been cigarette smokers, you know what it's like to be addicted. To know that you'd do whatever it takes to get a cigarette. I know I'm nowhere close to that with cigars, but man I really just want to sit back with a glass of scotch, smoke a cigar and play a couple hands of poker tonight....grrr.... :riflefire

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
There are some on the BOTL site that has a very understanding wife, but mine. :wifey:

I get the, oh are you going to go out and smoke..............long pause

but she is gone and you are there with smokes to burn. SO GO SMOKE THEM I had 2 tonight.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
First, she's crazy for thinking you're addicted to your two cigars a week. If you were smoking one a day at least, she could potentially have a point. Second, you're crazy for taking the challenge. haha. But I'm going to be the contrary one here: you took on the challenge, so you should see it through to its end.

joshrich

4 strings and 9 fingers
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First, she's crazy for thinking you're addicted to your two cigars a week. If you were smoking one a day at least, she could potentially have a point. Second, you're crazy for taking the challenge. haha. But I'm going to be the contrary one here: you took on the challenge, so you should see it through to its end.
I actually agree Rich. Don't get me wrong, it's tempting, but I gotta believe my word is good, especially with my wife.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Just have one question: If you giving up cigars for a month what is she not doing. I would suggest that she is not longer allow to refuse you. Claim that she is addicted to power. If you have to give up something you like, shouldn't she?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The terms of the agreement weren't clear to me. Would she even care if you smoked? Or do you just want to see if you can make it without smoking for the month? You're probably asking the wrong people what to do.

joshrich

4 strings and 9 fingers
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The terms of the agreement weren't clear to me. Would she even care if you smoked? Or do you just want to see if you can make it without smoking for the month? You're probably asking the wrong people what to do.
Hrm...would she care? No, probably not, as long as I told her I was smoking one and not trying to sneak one. She would however, consider it proving her point I think.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hrm...would she care? No, probably not, as long as I told her I was smoking one and not trying to sneak one. She would however, consider it proving her point I think.
Then it sounds like the issue is whether you get to smoke or she proves her point. I'll stop here.