What's new

Addicted? I think not...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A bet's a bet. If you smoke one tonight, even if she never finds out, you'll know that you lost. Don't do it, man.

Make sure she knows you had the chance, but skipped it as a man of honor. Then, when the month is up, smoke TEN in a week. Tell her you won and now you're making up for lost opportunities.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
burn it man -- one of the great moments in a man's life in when he learns to recognize feminine manipulation and reject it --she'll be happier to ... 2 cents

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
stupid bet to begin with. just do what she says and quit whining. otherwise, you'll be divorced twice, and you'll have lot's of smokes to keep you company.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I doubt seriously if you're addicted.

Stick it out. 2 weeks more isn't much of anything. There are times that I'll quit for a couple or three weeks just because, and with no further reason than that. As much as I love my cigars, I can leave them alone when I want to.

I was a 2 pack a day smoker for ~10 years too. Good for you for quitting.

joshrich

4 strings and 9 fingers
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I decided not to. I mean, yeah, maybe it was dumb to take the challenge. And yeah, maybe I am playing into female manipulation (okay, I am), BUT as several brothers on here have stated, whether or not my wife would know I smoked or not, I would know, and personally I think it would bother me. My brother even came over tonight and had dinner with me, and a cigar afterwards, and I didn't smoke. I still believe I'm no where near addicted and in the long run, I will be vindicated :)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'll tell the ol lady to mind her own business. I'd challenge her to going a month without buying shoes. My wife stays off my back so I can't really complain.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Just have one question: If you giving up cigars for a month what is she not doing. I would suggest that she is not longer allow to refuse you. Claim that she is addicted to power. If you have to give up something you like, shouldn't she?
:rofl:

And :applause: for not smoking

joshrich

4 strings and 9 fingers
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The 30 days are up! Broke the drought with a Romeo Y Julietta courtesy of jwintosh :) Very nice creamy flavor. If anything good came out of this, it really made me give these smokes a chance to sit before I started back in again! :)

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
:thumbsup: Nice willpower man. Nice smoke to end the drought too. That jwintosh is a great brother. :clap: