What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I already have one of the 44rg molds from Martinez and for $50 shipped it's a damn steal. Would like a 50rg mold, but I'm seriously considering ordering another 44 from Martinez, been loving the size and would like to be able to double up on production. If there was just a way to order without the wife noticing...

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Spoke w/ Jesus just now. Largest parejo molds below 50rg bunch are 44s. They do have 46 rg figurado molds. Nothing new coming in. They replaced their wooden molds with plastic is why they are selling off their old ones.

So back to the drawing board.
I have a feeling you wouldn't want it but LO has 48RG wooden wing nut molds that come out to a perfect 50 once dressed up. I've had one since I started and really like it. Pretty sure they're like $50.

Edit - last I checked they came in rounded or flat and were a 7x48 mold or something close.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Went to order a plastic on eBay and noticed who the seller was. Rollers Choice. So I called Jorge. Got me a 48 rg coming. Will post pics when it comes in. FYI he does have leaf in.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah, you gotta have those carved lips that fit into the other side slot, don't you think?
I can't compare as its the only mold Ive owned but I can vouch that it works well, makes a nice 50RG, and IMO was worth the coin.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seems the adventures in home rolling have tapered off here for several weeks or so now. I would hate to see another rollers forum go numb again. Is there another forum I don't know about or something?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
It seems the adventures in home rolling have tapered off here for several weeks or so now. I would hate to see another rollers forum go numb again. Is there another forum I don't know about or something?
I believe there's a whole new section now on the forum for all things home rolling.

Sent from my cellular device via Tap to Talk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks for the bump Mark! Due to health and a small addiction to a new PlayStation game I have been slacking. I did manage to get the 12 bunches I made yesterday wrapped today and got 10 more bunches in the mold that need to be rotated here shortly. I have a feeling that my mojo was a little too strong on my test batch. Doing draw tests before wrapping I could taste pineapple and vanilla in the cold draw. Gonna let them sit a week or two and then give one a shot to see how it goes and in the meantime I have diluted my concoction. You're not supposed to be able to really taste it, but it is supposed to help smooth the smoke and improve the aroma. Tweak, test, tweak, test, and so on until cigar nirvana is achieved