What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixed it for you.
The important distinction between who and that is one of my pet peeves. Who is alive; that is not.
Getting a little Shakespeare-ish tone in there.

"Who is alive; that is not"... but rather to be or not to be THAT is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep,
No more;

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have still yet to figure out how to pack mine tighter. They are still pretty squishy

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How are you bunching? Entubado?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Entubado 99% of the time. Sometimes I throw book binding in there to try it out, but not often at all. Draw seems to be better with the former.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The foot/head?
I don't mind if the foot is a little mushy. I can't stand when the head is. I almost want to chuck it when it is. Mostly in the head is where I notice it. I find I have to really pack that mold for the whole sick to turn out more firm. Like roll a 54 and jam it into a 50 mold pack it in there. I put a few extra pieces in the head too, but it still feels like the whole stick isn't firm enough.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I don't mind if the foot is a little mushy. I can't stand when the head is. I almost want to chuck it when it is. Mostly in the head is where I notice it. I find I have to really pack that mold for the whole sick to turn out more firm. Like roll a 54 and jam it into a 50 mold pack it in there. I put a few extra pieces in the head too, but it still feels like the whole stick isn't firm enough.

Hmmmmm, as @blisscigarco said earlier, pack the head area

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow. Honduras Habano wrapper from WLT was awesome to wrap with. If it tastes half as well as it wrapped, I may have found a new favorite wrapper.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow. Honduras Habano wrapper from WLT was awesome to wrap with. If it tastes half as well as it wrapped, I may have found a new favorite wrapper.

Would like to hear how your batch burns. A typical burn test would be to put half a leaf into your humi for a week and then put a match to it. A vast array of things can happen from that point on....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
It is amazing to see how far I have come with this hobby in a little over two years and crazy to see this thread with over 2,000 posts. Y'all are a great group and I am glad we found our way to this little corner of the internet to form our little dysfunctional family, where we put the fun in dysfunction. Last Friday I had the privilege of meeting Nick Melillo at a Foundation Cigars event at a local shop and was able to spend a few hours talking tobacco with a real master. If you all remember, he gave me some basic blending advice when I had first started rolling. He is someone I have always admired and looked up to in the industry and he was very down to earth/humble. I was able to give him a few of my rolls and he was very impressed which was awesome for me. One big takeaway he told me was when bunching, roll the ligero accordion and the rest of the leaf entubado and it will keep the ligero dead center.

Last edited: