What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So after 15 months in the humidor, the broadleaf bound and wrapped stogies burn, even if a bit wonky still.
Problem today is that an inch into it, my kids now want dinner!
First world problems, I tell you what. I'm glad that's all I can complain about today!View attachment 98352 View attachment 98353
Some leaf ain't never gonna burn well.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think of @webmost when I look at this photo, because of the word "GARS," which is his word.

That dude in the black shirt on the right is me, doing what I do when I'm NOLA: watch cigar rollers. I also smoke a lot of cigars, as in the second photo. I really miss the days I could smoke a cigar in a bar there over a nice brown liquor.

I was looking at these photos from 2015 because Michelle and I are going to NOLA again soon for our 25th anniversary.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Leaf must be tough to get. I got a friend that sails by DR regularly. He said he'd be happy to pick up some leaf along the way.
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Great. Put me down for 100 lbs if it's fermented...
Although, in the case of the leak-taking affair, I was trying to get some CBL maduro wrapper off the dude... and maybe just a few dozen lbs of their Nicaraguan filler....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great. Put me down for 100 lbs if it's fermented...
Although, in the case of the leak-taking affair, I was trying to get some CBL maduro wrapper off the dude... and maybe just a few dozen lbs of their Nicaraguan filler....
If you've got a source in DR, I'm sure he'll grab some. He doesn't roll or know where to find leaf.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A buddy I helped getting into home rolling nicely edited the video I made for him and posted it on YouTube. The first one is about our tools. I sent him more videos, going through the whole rolling process, that I'll add when they are up. Be kind, it's my first time on YouTube. It felt pretty awkward. My cigar rolling videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLioKQLBje1CXalmw_4GoCLQ0XqYCVXXz8

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice @ keithjjones! I look forward to this series with iROBUSTO. Sounds good! When is the next episode?
You should also check out leemack's other reviews. He is a very positive guy. I love his videos. We started emailing off of one of his videos and became friends. I recommend getting to know him.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone tried putting a box press on their home rolls? If so, how did you go about it? How did it work out?