What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Question
My rolling technique has been to lay leaves stacked one on another. I then fold them in half (ligero on top) then I roll the folded stack into a bunch, then wrap it in the binder. Is that a good way to bunch?
Yes that's one way. You can lay them in your hand too...
I prefer using my hand, but I've laid them on the table to try that too.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Question
My rolling technique has been to lay leaves stacked one on another. I then fold them in half (ligero on top) then I roll the folded stack into a bunch, then wrap it in the binder. Is that a good way to bunch?
Go to YouTube and look up accordion bunching. Similar to what you are doing but the old school Cuban way of bunching. Its how my mentor taught me and how I bunch.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tried rolling my first cigar a perfecto looked like shit before going in the mold will post a pick tomorrow after taking it out the mold.

As you can see I tried a paper towel rolling first looked better than real tobacco one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question
Here's a video using what's called the 'book method'. It's the most simple/basic method and seems to work well.

Take a look...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Go to YouTube and look up accordion bunching. Similar to what you are doing but the old school Cuban way of bunching. Its how my mentor taught me and how I bunch.
Quoting myself. Sue me... I started with the book method. Had excellent results. Bunching accordion now and very happy with these results. This is an excellent video that shows the accordion method

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fresh out of the mold after a day

A little rough looking but not to bad for a first attempt. Thoughts on making it used too much filler at foot, binder not cased enough. Still going to try wrapping it with a delicately thin Sumatra wrapper and test it for taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gotta say, once you stopped chewin on it and got yer hands busy, bingo.
Which is a good lesson for anyone else contemplating.
Yes sir, you're right. Tawkin about it don't geterdone.

I'm learning so much about wrapper stretch, bunching technique, where to put glue and how much to use and a lot of other "ah-ha" things, too.

Thanks for your kindness and support.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got the ligero. Not sure if I have the oscuro
Some here say it doesn't burn well (Corojo), but I've never had a problem. I've had more problems with commercial sticks not burning than anything I've run across that we roll.

It's almost hard not to get a decent tasting stick with what we have. You'd really have to screw it up. For example, the only one I rolled that I didn't like was too much seco, so I've learned to lean a little heavier on the thicker leaves.