What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
The cheapest molds I can find are $60 and I will definitely invest in those at some point. Right now I am more focused on getting my fill and rolls right and am sure that I enjoy the blends I am playing with enough to justify the expense.
So... how many molds do you have now? ;)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Jan Bynens

Moscca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it was here that I read about a roller placing a leaf in the opposite direction.
Another thing is that I remarked is that a lot of cigars improve at the start of the last third.
I've been thinking a while about changing the direction of 1 or 2 leaves, but never done it !
It would definitely improve the burning.
Has anybody tried this ?

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think it was here that I read about a roller placing a leaf in the opposite direction.
Another thing is that I remarked is that a lot of cigars improve at the start of the last third.
I've been thinking a while about changing the direction of 1 or 2 leaves, but never done it !
It would definitely improve the burning.
Has anybody tried this ?
Yep, I do it all the time.
Also I’m not rolling entubado (sp) so much either. I stack the leaf with Ligero last then roll the stack. I’m getting great burn, great draw and it’s fast. The Seco is mostly outside with Ligero inside.

I turn the leaf in opposite direction so the bunch is even.

Works well for me.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What does it cost we homerollers to make one super primo high-end cigar? Buck thirty-five. I document the details in my latest post here, in a post titled "What does the tobacco really cost," on March 1, 2018:
http://www.blisscigar.com/blend/
For $200 I get the leaf for 150 cigars. If I gave those away at 5 bucks a pop, I'd pocket $550 for a day's labor. It ain't lawyer money but it's also not Arby's night shift money.