What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I decided to do a bit of rolling yesterday. I haven't done any for about a year. I grew a few plants of two types of tobacco a few years ago and rolled quite a few the first year, but now I only roll a handful every year. I'm almost out of tobacco now. When I fermented my tobacco I did some longer than others and was able to get nice, dark maduro style leaves. I decided to do these sticks in the barber pole style. Besides looking cool it also has the advantage of hiding the unattractive wrapper. As you can see from many of the photos posted in this thread, it is hard to get the beautiful, even colored leaves with fine veins that the commercial rollers use for their wrappers. View attachment 72343
Outstanding

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Towards the end, just before he wraps the cigar, he's sprinkling some pipe tobacco on the wrapper.

This gives me ideas!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Just an update.
I contacted Leccia by email shortly after posting this and Sam himself emailed me back saying it is pipe tobacco. Good eye CaptainRon.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Just an update.
I contacted Leccia by email shortly after posting this and Sam himself emailed me back saying it is pipe tobacco. Good eye CaptainRon.
Thank you for posting. I think that is very interesting and would have never thought to put pipe tobacco between the binder and wrapper. I may try that sometime with a Latakia heavy pipe tobacco to mimic the DE KFC.

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was at brother @Fia birthday event where he hosted Abe Flores from PDR in Hawaii. Master Trojadero Nandy Lopez with the help of another brother helping translate how to roll the wrapper onto the cigar. Good times with great people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk