What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I mainly wrap CT and PA broadleaf. I only did it on double maduro blends. If your not binding and wrapping with broadleaf I wouldn't worry about it. If you do though the I put the seco on as a wrapper then the broadleaf over that. That way there's a layer of seco between the binder and wrapper. Otherwise the leaf is so thick is doesn't burn well.
Awesome! Thanks a bunch, I almost wrapped a few sticks last night with PA Oscuro binder and wrapper because I have a bunch and I brought more up to case than I was able to use up in my rolling session. It kills me to use a wrapper quality leaf as a binder but it's what I have and it works. I knew there was a trick with the seco but wasn't confident where to wrap it so I didn't. I did throw a few scrap of pa Oscuro in the filler of a couple sticks and didn't mark them. I'm curious to see if I can pick them out while smoking.

BoneYard

Spent loot on Scotch,Women&Cigars -rest I wasted.
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I won't post specific links, but the best how to roll videos I've watched so far (thanks to @@HIM*) are here:
http://fairtradetobacco.com/forums/96-Cigar-Rolling-Videos

Yea caught the link to whole leaf earlier in the thread. been studying them.. right up my alley man, thanks..

edit. that link is excellent....

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
@USHOG gave me a good reminder today about the issues beetles pose with the leaf we get to roll our sticks with. This came right as I was reading a thread about beetles and how to treat cigars to reduce or eliminate the risk of beetles destroying our sticks. What a lucky group we have here as Steve Saka chimed in on temps and times for freezing. I took the opportunity to ask if freezing should be done before or after rolling and figured I would share his reply here:
"You can do either, however leaf damage can be an issue. Best get the leaf around 70% rh, pack in one of those mega large ziplock flat and freeze... I would experiment with just a hand first before going hog wild. Be gentle when pulling it out, support it well as frozen leaf is easier to crack."

Now I just need a bigger freezer... Ha!