What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well I think blend #2 is a winner. 75% corojo seco, 25% criollo ligero, Dominican binder, and PA Oscuro wrapper. The PA Oscuro flavors blow the corojo wrapper flavors away. Similar flavor as blend 1 with sweet tobacco, cream, and loads of spice but adds chocolate. Really hoping my new fillers are similar to this because it's right in my wheelhouse. I love how the closed foot came out on this one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426643313.465170.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426643328.940161.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have been rolling for a few years. It's a winter thing for me. Something to keep me happy when its too cold to smoke. I only do a few per year now, just for fun. I grew my own tobacco and I'm almost out of stock.
Mine were a bit harsh for my taste but I aged some of them for 1 year and some for 2 years. They really did improve with age. Don't forget to put a few aside for aging.

Bruce.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thank you for sharing Bruce! I have been enjoying what I have rolled so much fresh it's gonna be hard to let them age, I will have to figure a way to hide some from myself. The leaf I buy has already been aged about 4 years though which I have to believe makes a difference.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Cost of leaf and glue only (glue is so cheap it's practically free) the small sticks I mainly roll probably cost $.25-$.50. Full sized sticks maybe $1-$2 depending. Don't hold me to that, that's just off the top of my head but it really isn't too much at all

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Cost of leaf and glue only (glue is so cheap it's practically free) the small sticks I mainly roll probably cost $.25-$.50. Full sized sticks maybe $1-$2 depending. Don't hold me to that, that's just off the top of my head but it really isn't too much at all
Damn, that ain't bad at all

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Filler leaf where I have been buying averages $20/lb and each pound rolls approximately 20 robustos they claim. I don't have enough rolling under my belt to confirm that but I would say that's pretty accurate. Then you have binder and wrapper. Obviously you use less of those than filler, but those wrappers can go up to $70/lb depending on what you get. My pa Oscuro binder/wrapper was only $20/lb though and it is my favorite so far.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Man I might be the last person to see this thread but I just read everything and seeing your progression in such a short period of time is amazing. I love the Eastern Standard and your blend sounds amazing. I would love to give home rolling a shot, but the wife would not approve at this point lol. Both you and @HIM* are creating beautiful cigars and let me know when I can throw some dollars your way to try them. I would gladly throw flame on those sticks.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Man I might be the last person to see this thread but I just read everything and seeing your progression in such a short period of time is amazing. I love the Eastern Standard and your blend sounds amazing. I would love to give home rolling a shot, but the wife would not approve at this point lol. Both you and @HIM* are creating beautiful cigars and let me know when I can throw some dollars your way to try them. I would gladly throw flame on those sticks.
"What mama don't know, don't hurt her". Lol j/k, definitely don't want to piss off the lady. Thank you for the kind words brother. As a member of the armed services your money is no good to me but if you pm me your addy I would be happy to send a few sticks your way as a small token of appreciation for the sacrifices you make for the freedoms we all enjoy.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
"What mama don't know, don't hurt her". Lol j/k, definitely don't want to piss off the lady. Thank you for the kind words brother. As a member of the armed services your money is no good to me but if you pm me your addy I would be happy to send a few sticks your way as a small token of appreciation for the sacrifices you make for the freedoms we all enjoy.
I gotta be kind of a smart ass here and say that my money was once your money lol taxpayer dollars haha.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Don't forget theres no tax on whole leaf either.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So @USHOG offered up some homegrown leaf to mess around with and who am I to turn that kind of offer down?? Well, he had pm'd me asking if I wanted to borrow a small perfecto mold he wasn't using. I had tried to politely decline due to lack in confidence in being able to roll such a tricky vitola but in typical botl fashion he politely ignored me. So here is the damage that was laid upon my mailbox from our overly generous brother. 5 different types of leaf and and awesome mold that looks to be the perfect size for my preferences. Thank you again!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426983478.830566.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426983491.021726.jpg