What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well I promised some before and after of the difference wrapping the cigar in paper before applying the wrapper. A guy on Fairtradetobacco.com suggested wrapping in paper towel instead of newspaper to absorb more moisture so that's what I did this evening. Here is before:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426483384.438856.jpg
Here is after 30-45 mins wrapped tightly in paper towel instead of using a mold:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426483432.228060.jpg

Here is a pic of the best stick of the night and also the best looking stick I've rolled to date next to a beer cap for size reference:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426483490.657764.jpg

The end result of tonight's rolling:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426483516.870709.jpg

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thank you brother!! Like @HIM* suggested I have started to stretch the wrapper leaf more and it makes a big difference. It is surprising how elastic the leaf becomes when hydrated properly for wrapping.
It looks great! Even if you have another cigar you rolled previously and then one now with @HIM* 's suggestion to see how much of a difference you see between the two.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
3 Eastern Standard "clones" ready for wrapper.

View attachment 60430
I forgot to ask you, what wrapper are you using for these? Also, when wrapping with seco to improve the burn of the cigar do you wrap under the binder or under the wrapper with the seco? Gonna play around with that my next rolling session which may be tonight with 3lbs of leaf scheduled to be delivered today

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man - I said it already, but that really does look like fun and Chris is right, every picture seemingly shows your increased learning.

Glad you are enjoying it brother! "Keep on rolling on!"

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Very nice looking cigar and I love the bands. Keep up the great work. I have your package ready to send out tomorrow. I just had to wait until this batch had finished fermenting.
Thank you so much!! I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to play around with some leaf one of our own put their heart and sweat into.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I forgot to ask you, what wrapper are you using for these? Also, when wrapping with seco to improve the burn of the cigar do you wrap under the binder or under the wrapper with the seco? Gonna play around with that my next rolling session which may be tonight with 3lbs of leaf scheduled to be delivered today
I mainly wrap CT and PA broadleaf. I only did it on double maduro blends. If your not binding and wrapping with broadleaf I wouldn't worry about it. If you do though the I put the seco on as a wrapper then the broadleaf over that. That way there's a layer of seco between the binder and wrapper. Otherwise the leaf is so thick is doesn't burn well.