What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I agree. Patience and extra prepped wrapper would of helped.
I know I've said it quite a few times, but I'm going to make some videos very soon to show what I have been learning. I used to flatten the veins with the slightly curved edge of my shears I use to cut my bands with. My mentor taught me a trick where you roll the bunch or the "body" as he calls it back and forth over the vein while holding the wrapper taught both flattening the vein and stretching the wrapper so it's nice and shiny. Yeah, the veins are still noticeable but not bad at all, works just as well as flattening the vein in my opinion.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know I've said it quite a few times, but I'm going to make some videos very soon to show what I have been learning. I used to flatten the veins with the slightly curved edge of my shears I use to cut my bands with. My mentor taught me a trick where you roll the bunch or the "body" as he calls it back and forth over the vein while holding the wrapper taught both flattening the vein and stretching the wrapper so it's nice and shiny. Yeah, the veins are still noticeable but not bad at all, works just as well as flattening the vein in my opinion.
I been rolling this way for about half a year now. It was funny this a.m. when MarcL was watching me roll because he asks, "Do you pull it taught," and I'm thinking, "Yeah, I pull it and squeeze it," and I don't say that, see, because everything you can possibly say about cigar rolling comes out sounding like schoolboy sex talk. I just say, "Yeah."

As a random example, jump to 29:10. But I do it on every stick I roll.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I flatten the veins prior to rolling but some are still too thick when trying to finish the head and don't want to roll over the head on the finish. Too big and I cut them out near the head to get it reasonably smooth. Triple cap helps reenforce the gap and clean up the finish Gonna practice on some scrap. I can barely pick up a toothpick with these digits maybe I'll try some pointed tweezers. Can't see growing my nails right now.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I been rolling this way for about half a year now. It was funny this a.m. when MarcL was watching me roll because he asks, "Do you pull it taught," and I'm thinking, "Yeah, I pull it and squeeze it," and I don't say that, see, because everything you can possibly say about cigar rolling comes out sounding like schoolboy sex talk. I just say, "Yeah."

As a random example, jump to 29:10. But I do it on every stick I roll.

How can you make videos like that and not call it a fetish?

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What are people's thoughts on WLTs Criollo 98 seco in comparison to the ligero? Still really flavorful? How thick and how's the leaf size? I've been liking corojo seco paired with criollo ligero and was thinking of reversing the blend to use up some Corojo ligero I have.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
What are people's thoughts on WLTs Criollo 98 seco in comparison to the ligero? Still really flavorful? How thick and how's the leaf size? I've been liking corojo seco paired with criollo ligero and was thinking of reversing the blend to use up some Corojo ligero I have.
I actually haven't used WLTs criollo seco, only the viso and ligero. The criollo seco I've been using I bought from LO and I do like that leaf. I've even been able to get quite a bit of wrapper grade leaf out of it as well.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I actually haven't used WLTs criollo seco, only the viso and ligero. The criollo seco I've been using I bought from LO and I do like that leaf. I've even been able to get quite a bit of wrapper grade leaf out of it as well.
How thick was the viso? I don't want something too thick since the Corojo ligero is already heavy stuff.
I had a bit of the LO Nica ligero I thought was pretty thin. Comparable to WLTs Corojo seco or viso. Good just lacking strength. I really love WLTs criollo ligero so I was hoping the seco was in line being a lower priming and all. I may go for the viso though if its thin enough. Just want something mediumish without burn issues.