What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Biting the bullet and going to try to roll my first one this weekend. Still need to get adhesive. Xanthan gum the way to go if I'm looking to score locally? Apologies if this question has been asked and answered (as I'm certain it has).
That's what I use and suggest. I will be ordering some pro stuff from eBay but that has been working well for me. A little bit of that Xanthan powder goes a long way. Mix with enough distilled water to get a real thick paste. It takes some time for it to all get mixed evenly so plan ahead.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
That's what I use and suggest. I will be ordering some pro stuff from eBay but that has been working well for me. A little bit of that Xanthan powder goes a long way. Mix with enough distilled water to get a real thick paste. It takes some time for it to all get mixed evenly so plan ahead.
So the order of operations is:

- Obtain Xanthan Gum.
- Watch a bunch of YouTube videos after work.
- Get the leaf starting to case tonight.
- Begin mixing paste in AM tomorrow.
- Roll in Afternoon.
- ???
- Profit.

Correct?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seeing yours a little while back was part of my motivation. Wanted to see if I could do it. I tried tying the ends with leftover leaf twisted up into string but it kept breaking.
Very nice. try keeping the wrapper stem moist and using it with that leftover leaf. that'll do it. maybe using some ribbon first to set it up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, I did not. The local grocery had no xanthan gum and/or employees capable of finding it. Instead, I did gnaw on some of the leaf, hoping it would give me magical rolling abilities. It made me sorta queasy, so I think it's working?
Ah, okay. You know you can use honey, jam, pineapple juice, all kinds of stuff the Cubans use in a pinch... looking forward to seeing your first rolls!