What's new

Aerobie AeroPress

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
(of course, you'd still need a hot water kettle too):
That's what my keurig is used for these days :)
At least tell use you are not using Folgers pods :stretchgr
LOL, the keurig only heats up a measured cup of water (albeit, probably not as hot as it should be, but it works for me so far), its the aero press or french press with freshly ground beans after that. Currently I am drinking these beans http://www.paradiseroasters.com/ethiopia-yirgacheffe-kochere-micro-lot/
Okay... You get a pass then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
and what would be a good water kettle that you all recommend?
If you want the best, get this one:

http://www.sweetmarias.com/sweetmarias/coffee-brewers/filtercones/bonavita-electric-pour-over-kettle.html

If you don't want to spend that much, this one will do:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003YJ5L2Q/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1363467919&sr=8-3&pi=SL75

Whatever you go with, make sure NOT to get a plastic one, because it's tough to get the plastic smell out of it & it could transfer those flavors to your coffee.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Aeropress is great, it's all I use now. For a long black, it makes an awesome cup and the price can't be beaten. Easy clean up is a nice bonus, too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
A little update after using this thing for a month nearly every day.

First, use the upside down method. The hardest part is having the number upside down, and that is no challenge unless you are 3 years old. The coffee tastes much better and is less bitter too from what I have noticed.

Secondly, you can make it super strong or super mild; but it still tastes great. I have experimented with 1 scoop beans to 4 scoops. What I have found I like best is 2 scoops of beans per mug of coffee. I put the grounds in the Aeropress upside down and fill it half way and mix it good before topping it off and pressing. This makes the cup of coffee considerably stronger than typical American drip, but I drink 2 cups now before work instead of a whole pot of coffee.

Thirdly, If you live on the west coast and dont roast your own; you need to call Stumptown. Mother f^#&ing coffee roasting gods!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yet another fan of the Aeropress.

It is great for taking camping/traveling overnight were I know the house will only have a basket drip machine--yes, I do get shyt for being a "snob".:yes:

I agree with Pyro that upside down is best, as you can control the brew time precisely. I only wish it was larger, cause I could always fill it up less.

I do prefer the hario 2 pour-over, with a cotton filter.

I roast on a Whirley Pop, I got from W.Mart...best $25 I ever spent.

All the best

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I picked up an aeropress with stainless filter and a manual porlex grinder. The coffee from work is awful, and hate gas station coffee just the same. So I use this at work now and even in the morning sometimes. I love this little thing. Great way to add a bit of extra flavor oomph to a drip pot too.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Count me in as a fan of this little device. In fact I having a hard time grasping the fact that this $26 device is making coffee that is head and shoulders above what my Bunn commercial drip can do. I normally use French Roast from that place that is on every corner. I followed the instructions that came with the Aeropress and brewed a cup using those same old Starbuck French Roast beans. The difference in taste was just astounding. I have yet to try the inverted method but will be doing so as soon as the Ethiopian I ordered from Counter Culture comes in. Anxious to try some lighter, fruity beans in this thing. Once again you guys are responsible for leading me down the path of indulgence. Now I am looking for a new burr grinder. I have an old Starbucks Barista that I bought about 12 years ago. I have to figure out how to take it apart and clean it. If it works well again then I am OK. Otherwise a new one is going to be needed. You guys need to stop!

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
What are the differences in aero press and French press? I've just very recently gotten into coffee beyond what I could put in a keurig and buying a French press was the first thing I did but I haven't gotten much past that..

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
What are the differences in aero press and French press? I've just very recently gotten into coffee beyond what I could put in a keurig and buying a French press was the first thing I did but I haven't gotten much past that..
There are a ton of differences so lets get started…

Aeropress has a filter (removes oils and fine particulates) French Press does not - this will create a different mouth feel
Aeropress is really for only a cup at a time, French Press can make many cups
Aeropress will make a cup faster
Aeropress lightly resembles espresso in that coffee is extracted under pressure, French Press is a immeresion extraction method - these lend to different flavor profiles

They are both great brewing methods that lend themselves better to different types of coffees/roasts

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
So, loosely, as someone who loves espresso and aeropress would be a more tasteful way for me to make it than an espresso maker? I love my French press but I don't always have the time in the morning to make it plus clean up

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
So, loosely, as someone who loves espresso and aeropress would be a more tasteful way for me to make it than an espresso maker? I love my French press but I don't always have the time in the morning to make it plus clean up

If you're an espresso hound you will most likely prefer the Aeropress over the French Press when you're craving a cup of coffee. I say coffee and not espresso though because while similar you're still making coffee with the Aeropress and not espresso.

Of course you may enjoy the fact that the French Press creates a very different brew. The Aeropress, while different, maybe to similar to the espresso and you prefer the French.

The nice thing about the Aeropress though is its portability and how inexpensive it is. It's almost a no brainier purchase for most coffee lovers even if it rarely gets used. (I'm guilty of this in fact)

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Actually just bought an aeropress. I WAS a big fan of the French press. However, I now love my aeropress. Cleaner, more distinct flavor coffee. I may never go back to my French press.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk