What's new

Aged eggnog

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Do not worry about the separation, mine did the same thing last year and is already doing the same thing this year. I used "Heavy whipping cream" and regular "whipping cream" for both my batches. I just shook it up every couple of days and had no problems. I think its just the water in the cream separating not the actual egg/milk proteins assuming your integrated your alcohol correctly.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
This thread makes me so happy!

I've got some left from last year (don't ask me how it didn't all get drunk). Does the collective hive think it's still any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I didn't get a chance this year to make mine. So I bought oberweiss eggnog and I'll just add the booze and fresh hazzlenut before serving. I couldn't stop drinking it last year. Already gonna miss it.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
nog is separating way way more than it did last time, seems like the heavy cream almost solidifies on top of the rest each night, very strange.
Did a taste test last night, it's strong but really really tasty.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I've got some left from last year (don't ask me how it didn't all get drunk). Does the collective hive think it's still any good?
I finally got around to trying some last night. Happy to say, after a year, not only is it still good, I actually think it tasted better than last year. There was some separation, but I shook it up, let it sit for 10 minutes and then poured a glass. Absolutely delicious.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
nog is separating way way more than it did last time, seems like the heavy cream almost solidifies on top of the rest each night, very strange.
Did a taste test last night, it's strong but really really tasty.
Mine did the same thing for some reason. Too bad, because it makes it tough to give as gift (the solidified part if pretty gross looking), but it doesn't seem to affect the taste at all.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I didn't get a chance this year to make mine. So I bought oberweiss eggnog and I'll just add the booze and fresh hazzlenut before serving. I couldn't stop drinking it last year. Already gonna miss it.

I'll have to try making my own one of these years. Until then I'll keep drinking the Oberweis stuff. I've been drinking that for years and it's delicious.
I made 6 quarts last year and it was awesome. Strong, sweet and smooth. No one would drink it but me and I finished the last of it around mid-March. Think I'll do what jfire's doing as well.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I never tried aged eggnog.. Just caught this thread and link for recipe isn't working.. Anyone have a recipe they care to share? I love some eggnog.. Wouldn't mind giving this a shot

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I finally got around to trying some last night. Happy to say, after a year, not only is it still good, I actually think it tasted better than last year. There was some separation, but I shook it up, let it sit for 10 minutes and then poured a glass. Absolutely delicious.
Your willpower is amazing, no way in hell I can let any good booze sit that long

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Your willpower is amazing, no way in hell I can let any good booze sit that long
Hahaha, I honestly put it in a spare fridge in my basement and forgot all about it! Pretty glad I did though, it's very well rounded right now. The flavors really come together with some age.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm hoping I'm the spring I'm going to have an extra fridge - if that happens I will DEFINITELY be trying this and hopefully have some 6-8 month to enjoy next Christmas.

~ Dale
Georgia, USA