What's new

Alec Bradley Fine and Rare

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I smoked three of them for my review, and I can't say I was floored by them. They're certainly good, but seem to need a smidge more time to really come together, plus each was hampered by wrapper issues.

There also seemed to be packaging issues, from a strong lacquer smell that had one store not selling them, to cracked feet and lots of little bits of tobacco in the boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is disappointing news to hear about the packaging. I was set on buying a box. Now I'm kind of hoping a second release with a different box might sound better if it happens.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Saw these at my B&M, picked up a couple, letting them rest a little. Thing with the box is yes its a nice presentation but the thing is really big, approx the size of 3 regular 25ct boxes, so unless you have a ton of humi space, sticks will prob end up being stored separately. G1

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The problem w/ the box is that even though there are two of the scalloped holders to hold the cigars in place, they're not a tight enough fit. Three cigars I looked at out of the one salvaged box had pinch marks where the holders came together. Nice idea, terrible execution. I'd highly recommend anyone buying a box to not buy it sight unseen. I'd want to inspect every stick being how they're packaged. JMO.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Before reading all the way through this thread, I was thinking that packaging them this way may cause damage to the wrapper. Bummer :frown:

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Dont' let it detour you from buying a box. If there is a problem with the cigars, where ever you get them from should replace any damages ones or you could always have them check before they ship, or you could always have them de-box them before if you're buying them via mail order. Especially if you're getting a box discount. They are an interesting smoke, not the powerhouse pepper bombs that seem to be popular lately but more refined and definitely a sit down and pick out flavor nuance type of smoke. IMO, down time will do this one some interesting changes. G1

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Boy that's some really fancy packaging, is the tobacco just as good? I'd rather get a simple box of cigars i.e. habanos, tatuaje that uses fantastic tobac.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
One thing you don't have to worry about with Alec Bradley is skimping on the tobacco. They use top grade tobacco to make a great product. Their history of good smokes speaks for itself with Tempus, Prensado and now Black Market and Fine and Rare. What I found most interesting about this smoke was how well the 10 different tobacco's melded together to form a huge bouquet of flavors. In my opinion it didn't have any overly pronounced flavors but a wonderful mix of many flavors you pick up on various products.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
One thing you don't have to worry about with Alec Bradley is skimping on the tobacco. They use top grade tobacco to make a great product. Their history of good smokes speaks for itself with Tempus, Prensado and now Black Market and Fine and Rare. What I found most interesting about this smoke was how well the 10 different tobacco's melded together to form a huge bouquet of flavors. In my opinion it didn't have any overly pronounced flavors but a wonderful mix of many flavors you pick up on various products.
Agree. The first half was kind of muddled for me but the 2nd half was just as you described. A very interesting cigar in a good way. You would think age should have a great effect on this cigar, more so then most.