What's new

An unasked (yes google) original question!!

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It depends, but if you enjoy it then no. If you're absolutely plastered and not paying attention to the cigar at all, yes.

In my opinion, smoke it by yourself after a long day...Make your average or even bad day memorable by smoking a special cigar.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I couldn't bring myself to light up the Padron. I ended up going with an Undercrown. Im glad I didnt burn the Padron, I know I would have regret it today (along with a few other things lol). I couldn't bring myself to light it. I fondled the hell out of it though.

Gold...do I win?
Good choice. I love me a UC and do not feel ashamed to be shitfaced having one. If it is a special cigar then I want to remember it. There is... after all... a reason why you chose it for a special day.
Hope you enjoy it brother!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It depends, but if you enjoy it then no. If you're absolutely plastered and not paying attention to the cigar at all, yes.

In my opinion, smoke it by yourself after a long day...Make your average or even bad day memorable by smoking a special cigar.
I like that idea. One on my Bday. One after a rough day. If I like them, I'll order a few more.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Enjoy them all. As a warning...My Wife and I had several "Extra special" cigars set aside for extra special occasions. About 6-8 from a hard to get place. We'd saved them for several years for just the right time. A few weeks ago, we were changing things around and took out the little box we had them stashed in....and they were moldy. Absolutely devastated us. Here we'd saved them and saved them waiting for something worthy...and they went to waste.
No more. Expensive or rare, burn them all and enjoy them while you can. :)
GolfNut's right; yer son-in-law will get em when you die! Smoke em up!

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I couldn't bring myself to light up the Padron. I ended up going with an Undercrown. Im glad I didnt burn the Padron, I know I would have regret it today (along with a few other things lol). I couldn't bring myself to light it. I fondled the hell out of it though.

Gold...do I win?
You did the right thing...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As long as you can enjoy it, smoke it. I'm sitting and smoking an 8 year old Opus that I bought my senior year of college. Part of me wonders if it's past its prime, I know I haven't always had it stored in the best conditions. I'll never know.. Smoke what you can afford, but you gotta splurge every once in a while and enjoy it.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I see cigars the same as guitars.
Rare or not they are made to be smoked (cigars) or played (guitars). A 1959 Les Paul is the holy grail to many, but what good is it sitting behind a glass case just being looked at? That beast needs to sing.
Just how I see it!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to ask a serious question. I am blitzed, plastered...on the level as we say.

Is it a waste to smoke an expensive cigar?

Keep in mind...I don't mean a few glasses of scotch.
Your question has been asked and answered millions upon millions of times. Every time a person decides to spend the money on an expensive cigar you have your answer.

We learn in econ that price setting can be "bastardised" via scarcity, but no matter how scarce, if there is no utility, there is no utility.

So to answer your question - No it is not a waste to smoke an expensive cigar. If it was, there would be no such thing as an expensive cigar.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If you smoke an Opus X on the lawnmower, yeah, it's a waste. But otherwise, what else are cigars for?

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
I have woken up the next day a couple times to find cigar bands in the ashtray that I instantly regretted smoking the night before lol. Smoking an expensive cigar is fine...smoking a HTF or itf is not really the best choice imo lol

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
If you smoke an Opus X on the lawnmower, yeah, it's a waste. But otherwise, what else are cigars for?
I don't smoke on the lawnmower, mostly because I don't have one but what would be wrong with that?

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I don't smoke on the lawnmower, mostly because I don't have one but what would be wrong with that?
Only because you wouldn't be relaxing and giving the cigar your undivided attention, and would be smelling cut grass and inhaling lawnmower fumes along with your $20 stick... To me smoking an expensive cigar like that would be a total waste, like mixing Talisker with diet cherry Coke.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Your question has been asked and answered millions upon millions of times. Every time a person decides to spend the money on an expensive cigar you have your answer.

We learn in econ that price setting can be "bastardised" via scarcity, but no matter how scarce, if there is no utility, there is no utility.

So to answer your question - No it is not a waste to smoke an expensive cigar. If it was, there would be no such thing as an expensive cigar.
Well the questions context was more, "Is it a waste to smoke an expensive cigar when you are drunk off your ass?" Rather than when you can sit back and enjoy it with cognitive abilities in tact.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have woken up the next day a couple times to find cigar bands in the ashtray that I instantly regretted smoking the night before lol. Smoking an expensive cigar is fine...smoking a HTF or itf is not really the best choice imo lol
Since I asked this. I have lit up a few good cigars after the bottle had gotten the best of me. And wasn't happy the next morn. Seeing them in the ashtray only halfway smoked or cracked from apparently dropping them. So I bought a box of Undercrowns for when I feel like being a lush (And any other time For that matter)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I see cigars the same as guitars.
Rare or not they are made to be smoked (cigars) or played (guitars). A 1959 Les Paul is the holy grail to many, but what good is it sitting behind a glass case just being looked at? That beast needs to sing.
Just how I see it!
I see your point. However, if you pull out that 1959 Les Paul to play when you are "liquor sick". You don't have to buy another one next time you want to play some tunes.