What's new

Angel's pair

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hehe, there's a few that are fine, but in general that wheat beer taste doesnt suit me. Generally go for brown beers.
Like stouts? Left handed milk stout is excellent, as is Guinness. For lagers, I generally stick to Miller Lite, or ( insert Mexican lager).....

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
dont even mention blue moon in a convo about wheat beers that shit is whack. only germans do wheat beer correctly, and a couple places in america that do a good white ipa

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
You've just been trying the wrong wheat beers.
Wont even go for a Blue Moon?
Blue moon is Meh, it's alright. Just my palate, I don't enjoy the wheat bear taste, and I don't like the flavor of most Dominican tobacco.. :eek:
There are a very few specialty wheat that I've enjoyed on a hot day, but just not my thing. I think I did like that Oberon though. Bells does good work.
Like stouts? Left handed milk stout is excellent, as is Guinness. For lagers, I generally stick to Miller Lite, or ( insert Mexican lager).....
LHMS is good stuff, I like a lot of the fancy stouts. Generally like porters. But mostly enjoy the decent lagers and ales, and love nut browns. Fave used to be rogue hazelnut brown, but it's too sweet for me now. And my standard fare then was shiner and newcastleUsually just drink Sam Adam's for budget reasons. Their noble pilsner is good. Hard to enjoy much below that level.
Can't do ANY IPA. nasty stuff.
yeah alot of ppl dont like em. you gotta like bitter flavors alot
Can't stand most IPA's , they've gone crazy with the hops in the last decade. Seems people develop a tolerance and want more. Dogfish seems to do a good job of getting a lot of hop flavor without making them unbearable. Don't like Sierra Nevada, but a few years ago they did an anniversary Ale or centennial Ale that had a lot of my favorite hops in it, and it was amazing.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Blue moon is Meh, it's alright. Just my palate, I don't enjoy the wheat bear taste, and I don't like the flavor of most Dominican tobacco.. :eek:
There are a very few specialty wheat that I've enjoyed on a hot day, but just not my thing. I think I did like that Oberon though. Bells does good work.

LHMS is good stuff, I like a lot of the fancy stouts. Generally like porters. But mostly enjoy the decent lagers and ales, and love nut browns. Fave used to be rogue hazelnut brown, but it's too sweet for me now. And my standard fare then was shiner and newcastleUsually just drink Sam Adam's for budget reasons. Their noble pilsner is good. Hard to enjoy much below that level.

Can't stand most IPA's , they've gone crazy with the hops in the last decade. Seems people develop a tolerance and want more. Dogfish seems to do a good job of getting a lot of hop flavor without making them unbearable. Don't like Sierra Nevada, but a few years ago they did an anniversary Ale or centennial Ale that had a lot of my favorite hops in it, and it was amazing.
You lost me with don't like Dominican Tobacco........
J/K, different strokes for different folks.. just leaves more for me

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0

It ain't like that. Some ppl like bitter flavors. I mean you drink coffee I bet. Ipas arenno different. If you like the taste of bitter citrus with some pine tree mixed in you can drink any ipa.

I on the other hand have a hard time drinking brown ales now because they taste crazy sweet to my current palate.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0

You talking Shiner Bock ( not a true block, but great nonetheless), or Shiner Premium?
I love both, but even living in Texas, can NOT get shiner premium anywhere within 100 miles of me. SMH.
My dad grew up in central Texas. Born in 35.
He said people would laugh at you for drinking Shiner back then. It meant you didnt have any money. Good beer either way you slice it

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
My dad grew up in Texas too and loves shiner. It's not bad...much less offensive than some other browns on the sweetness level

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
It ain't like that. Some ppl like bitter flavors. I mean you drink coffee I bet. Ipas are no different. If you like the taste of bitter citrus with some pine tree mixed in you can drink any ipa.

I on the other hand have a hard time drinking brown ales now because they taste crazy sweet to my current palate.
Haha, yeah, but I really think people that drink it all the time get used to it and want more. Some guy wrote a good article in that vein of thought a year or so ago. I actually like hops, but I can't enjoy lagunitas and so many of those that are popular now.
Do really enjoy some of the dry hopped stuff, and a lot of dogfish head stuff though.
Really enjoy Green Man ESB. And had their Rambler the other day, was pretty good.
You talking Shiner Bock ( not a true block, but great nonetheless), or Shiner Premium?
I love both, but even living in Texas, can NOT get shiner premium anywhere within 100 miles of me. SMH.
My dad grew up in central Texas. Born in 35.
He said people would laugh at you for drinking Shiner back then. It meant you didnt have any money. Good beer either way you slice it
Yeah, shiner Bock. Always liked it, It was more affordable than Newcastle at one point to, so I switched over. but I kinda lean towards more fully flavored browns now. A few years ago I Really liked the Lost coast alley cat amber and "downtown brown" out of eureka CA
Lately some of my faves have been Bells amber, bells best brown, highwire bed of nails brown, and City Steam Naughty Nurse amber when I'm in CT. @Opie you should check that out. Along with some Local browns.

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Lately some of my faves have been Bells amber, bells best brown, highwire bed of nails brown, and City Steam Naughty Nurse amber when I'm in CT. @Opie you should check that out. Along with some Local browns.
I'm familiar with Naughy Nurse and her sisters Amber and IPA. good stuff. next time you're up this way, give check out some of the 2 roads brewing's offerings. a killer cold brew espresso stout.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Haha, yeah, but I really think people that drink it all the time get used to it and want more. Some guy wrote a good article in that vein of thought a year or so ago. I actually like hops, but I can't enjoy lagunitas and so many of those that are popular now.
Do really enjoy some of the dry hopped stuff, and a lot of dogfish head stuff though.
Really enjoy Green Man ESB. And had their Rambler the other day, was pretty good.

Yeah, shiner Bock. Always liked it, It was more affordable than Newcastle at one point to, so I switched over. but I kinda lean towards more fully flavored browns now. A few years ago I Really liked the Lost coast alley cat amber and "downtown brown" out of eureka CA
Not sure what Anchor Steam out of San Fran is, but it's a damn tasty beer. Not available in BFE Texas though....
Drank the crap out of it on vacation out there a few years ago