What's new

Another Texas Young Gun

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Ok, I'm not that young, but 26 isn't exactly old either. I'm pharmboy's youngest brother. I've been smoking cigars, off and on, since my 18th birthday. I've just gotten into looking into what the good stuff is over the last year. Before that I was the grocery store special guy. In college, $5 for a Dunhill, Don Diego, Macanudo, or Montecristo isn't a habit that you can afford too often. Now that I have the means and the desire, I'm running out of means. I do have a nearly fully stocked coollidor, thanks for the info on that guys, with over 150 cigars. Now I just need to find more special occasions, or find some friends with less kids and larger humidors.

By the way, I'm the guy that got my brother hooked on Texas Tech. Before me, he went to some school in the Texas A&M system.:nono:

Favorite Smokes right now: Excalibur, Hemingway, Gurkha Legend, Padron 1964

Aging in the Humi: Sharks, a Sand Shark, Padron 1926's, ESG, and several Opus and Anejos

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
he's in A town with the rest of your buddies
if I may speak for him, since you know, he's not a grown ass man or anything

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Ya. Sorry, I'm updating all my info. I'm actually in Arlington.

Maybe you can help me with something. I've been looking for good shops around here, where do you go? I like Arlington Cigar, but it seems like some of those guys think too highly of themselves. Where else should I look?

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
BTW, RX, I was looking at your NC wishlist. I noticed that there was an auction on Yahoo auctions that has 2 of those in it. The God of Fire and the BTL are in it with a Work of Art and a WOA Maduro. The Buy It Now is $85, but the guy had another auction that had that same price and the reserve was only $50. Now see if you can pass $50 past the wife.

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
hmm... I get paid tomorrow, we shall see... :glassesgr

although tuesday's herf is in honor of my first actual box purchase(s)... so we'll see how much I will have left over

thanks for the heads up though

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
:welcome: glad your here brother. Didn't catch your name in the posts.

Check out those stickies on tops of most sections for good information. Make yourself at home.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Damn, Arlington is where we hang out! Someday, when the weather is better and we have a big BBQ herf, we'll have to get you over!

Oh, and for that part of the Metroplex, Arlington Cigar is the best place. The same folks own another store in Grapevie, and it's probably got just a TOUCH better selection.

Otherwise, you'll have to go to Dallas to hit a nicer shop: Up In Smoke, one in Uptown and one across from Northpark Mall next to Highland Park.

Oh yeah, and there IS another cigar store in Arlington, on the south side of town...just beware: they'll push a freakin' "JFR" cigar on you and claim it's the best thing you'll every put between your lips.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I know about Tobacco Road, and there's Tobacco Lane in the mall, but someone told me about one on Little Road. Any chance you know where that one is?

Sorry about leaving out the name, it's Jay.

I'd be more than willing to get together, it would give me a chance to get out one of the special occasion cigars I've been spending too much on. It just so hard to pass up when you find a "good deal."

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Holy SH*%&$)##!!

I knew texas was only 2 square miles... or maybe, that's as far as the internet runs....

very nice to meet you! Extra Gurkha Legend for you in your Bro's package,,, courtesy of the Pillman, RX....

jef

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Thanks jwin! I'm actually about 350 miles or so away from my brother.

You're not from a bad neck of the woods either. I had the pleasure of heading out to San Diego some years back on a business trip.