What's new

Another Texas Young Gun

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Thanks guys, you're making me feel special. And no matter what my brother says, I'm not special ed.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Ok, I'm not that young, but 26 isn't exactly old either. I'm pharmboy's youngest brother. I've been smoking cigars, off and on, since my 18th birthday. I've just gotten into looking into what the good stuff is over the last year. Before that I was the grocery store special guy. In college, $5 for a Dunhill, Don Diego, Macanudo, or Montecristo isn't a habit that you can afford too often. Now that I have the means and the desire, I'm running out of means. I do have a nearly fully stocked coollidor, thanks for the info on that guys, with over 150 cigars. Now I just need to find more special occasions, or find some friends with less kids and larger humidors.

By the way, I'm the guy that got my brother hooked on Texas Tech. Before me, he went to some school in the Texas A&M system.:nono:

Favorite Smokes right now: Excalibur, Hemingway, Gurkha Legend, Padron 1964

Aging in the Humi: Sharks, a Sand Shark, Padron 1926's, ESG, and several Opus and Anejos
:welcome:

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
:welcome:

Another Texan! It's official folks, we're takin' over, and makin' ourselves at home here!

What part of town are you in?

Arlington Cigar is pretty decent, it all depends on who you talk to there. After a while, they'll start to recognize you and help steer you in the right direction, and make suggestions on cigars that you may like.

Tobacco Road, they're new. I don't ask for help or suggestions there. They do cater a LOT to the flavored cigar smokers, but do keep a decent selection.

I haven't heard of one off of Little. If you find something out on it, let me know. My folks live out that way, I could go by one evening when I visit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Good stuff... Everyone should live in Arlington/Fun Town!

Arlington Cigar is pretty good, the guy that sounds drunk is the guy I like to deal with. Tobacco Road has a good selection, just don't listen to those idiots that work there. Just like Sheep said, don't get the damn JFR they try to push. Friggen nasty.

I'm going to go drive down Little Road on my way back to the house, I'll see if there is a shop that I can find from the road.

Hey, I noticed that someone called Arlington AgTown.... Where in the heck did that come from? Why do they call this place Ag town? I grew up here and have been here most of my life (minus 8 years) and I just started hearing this.

Someone clue me in, please!

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Welcome!
Hey, I noticed that someone called Arlington AgTown.... Where in the heck did that come from? Why do they call this place Ag town? I grew up here and have been here most of my life (minus 8 years) and I just started hearing this.

Someone clue me in, please!

Not sure where it came from, but there is a gang called Ag Town. Punks mostly, pants 37x too big, shirts that hang down to their knees, pantyhose on their head, etc. They used to party at a house the next street over from me, and I'd call the cops on them. I suspect that it was one of them that I caught inspecting my truck with a flashlight, he didn't stick around to chat once he heard the slide drop on the Glock as I stuck in a full magazine.:bangbang:

He didn't stick around to explain things to me:hanghead:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I just walked out of the only place that resembles a cigar shop on or near little road. It's called Joe's Pipes.... Not the kind of pipes that we might smoke here. Well, it's been a while since I smoked out of one like they have. They have a TON of crappy little flavored cigars and blunts!

They named off all the shops that we know of, don't know of any other around here. I just drove around the albertson's area, the minyards/movie tavern, khaki's, the area between little/green oaks, and this one behind the jack in the box. I can't think of any other places to look.... other than by the old lowes theater. I'm done driving around for today. LOL

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Ya, I checked down there again, too, and didn't see anything. It was one of the guys at Tobacco Road that told me there was one there, but he may have meant Green Oaks for all I know. When he said Little Road my ears perked up since I didn't know of one down south.

The guy I like at Arlington Cigar is the gray haired guy. He's soft spoken, but he'll hang out with you and try to figure out what he thinks you'll like. The only other guy I've dealt with is that little guy, kinda reminds me of a weasel. He says alot of stuff, but I've never found any of his info to be any good. He once told me that Excaliburs were really spicy. He seems like a cigar snob, too.

I talked to one of the guys at Tobacco Road for about an hour last week. He said they're starting to clear out the crappy, ie flavored, stuff and getting more high end stuff. They are also trying to get humi lockers for their cigar club.

Gummi, I'm in NW Arlington. I coach at a school in South Arlington, Ferguson JH. I just found out what AgTown was at the beginning of the year when we met with our gang officer. AgTown is the name that the gangs have given to Arlington. Every city with gangs is apparently given a gang name. That's where the name AgTown Fights came from for the fight videos last year. Great stuff isn't it.

Ya'll know if Arlington Cigar would let us do a herf there?

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Have ya'll been to Tobacco Lane in the mall? I like the old guy there,too. I got to know him pretty well over Christmas. It's just so small.

I was gonna see if ya'll had been by either of these places:

Lorillard Tobacco Co
803 Stadium Dr, Arlington, TX
(817) 265-0131

Social Smoke Inc
1185 109th St, Grand Prairie, TX
(972) 522-5770