What's new

Answer These Questions For A Fiver!

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Ok...I took the plunge. Got an iPhone 16 Gig 3Gs today.

Since so many people here have them, I am going to post my questions in here so I don't have to search for the answer! I will run this thread for the next couple of weeks as I get used to the phone. Each person that answers my question in the clearest, most concise way will go into a hat for a drawing for a fiver. Multiple answers are up to my discretion on how easy it was to understand. Let the games begin!

1. I received a text...I do not see a reply button or a button to bring up the keyboard to reply. I had to go into my messages and create a new one as a reply. Is this normal or am I being a moron?

Answer Winners
Question 1 - funkejj
Question 2 - joliefire
Question 3 - No winner
Question 4 - swat253
Question 5 - Phiberglass
Question 6 - Phiberglass
Question 7 - rduke10
Question 8 - Phiberglass
Question 9 - itsme_timd
Question 10 - endofcomment
Question 11 - Len___T and Danilo

Last edited:

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Um you are being a moron. Each text with a person is a conversation. when you see the text page just tap the bar at the bottom that has the camera then the message area then send and it should bring up the keyboard.

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Um you are being a moron. Each text with a person is a conversation. when you see the text page just tap the bar at the bottom that has the camera then the message area then send and it should bring up the keyboard.
Hahah :laugh:

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Sorry I always wanted to call someone a moron on the open boards and well the door was opened to do it. David I hope that helps you and if you have more questions please ask them. It took us a while to figure ours out too.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Hey now...I know it is a conversation! It is not my first cell phone! :grin: I figured it out by accident before coming back here. So, here is the next one:

Question 2 I don't have itunes downloaded on my computer as of yet. Can I get stuff from the "app store" via airwaves or do I have to have itunes setup?

Last edited:

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Hey now...I know it is a conversation! It is not my first cell phone! :grin: I figured it out by accident before come back here. So, here is the next one:

2. I don't have itunes downloaded on my computer as of yet. Can I get stuff from the "app store" via airwaves or do I have to have itunes setup?

Several of my old cellphones had just message after message stacked with out being seperated into conversations. So that is where I was headed with that.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Several of my old cellphones had just message after message stacked with out being seperated into conversations. So that is where I was headed with that.
ahhh...I understand what ya mean.

Last edited:

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I have a cheap old ipod shuffle that I use to mow our lawn. Haven't changed the music on it in 3 years and don't plan on it.

If I go to the app store on the phone, it wants my username and password for itunes which I don't have a clue. If I bring it up on my computer, I am automatically logged in so I haven't had to put my info in for a long time.

Question 3: Do I...

Uninstall and download again on the desktop? My email has changed since installing itunes many years ago so I could update the email and username.

or

Download itunes onto my laptop that is 6 months old that I rarely use so I have a designated download just for the iphone?

Last edited:

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Hey now...I know it is a conversation! It is not my first cell phone! :grin: I figured it out by accident before come back here. So, here is the next one:

2. I don't have itunes downloaded on my computer as of yet. Can I get stuff from the "app store" via airwaves or do I have to have itunes setup?
NO you'll have to create an itunes account with some type of credit/debt card. Or you can go in and request your username and password be reset and then you should have the option to update everything.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Edited this thread with some fun rules. :grin:

Still waiting on a response for question 3.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
I have a cheap old ipod shuffle that I use to mow our lawn. Haven't changed the music on it in 3 years and don't plan on it.

If I go to the app store on the phone, it wants my username and password for itunes which I don't have a clue. If I bring it up on my computer, I am automatically logged in so I haven't had to put my info in for a long time.

Question 3: Do I...

Uninstall and download again on the desktop? My email has changed since installing itunes many years ago so I could update the email and username.
or

Download itunes onto my laptop that is 6 months old that I rarely use so I have a designated download just for the iphone?
If you forgot your Apple ID, try your current email address. If that doesn't work, you can find your username with Apple's ID recovery tool, iForgot ( https://iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSiForgot.woa/wa ). You can also visit the Your Apple ID Account page ( http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/ ).

If you still can't sign in, please contact Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775. For security purposes, Apple cannot provide you with your Apple ID or password.

Hope this helps

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
It always told me "need a stonger connection please connect to a network" for most downloads. Even w 3g. just trying to give ya the best Iphone experiance. Sorry david I didn't know.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Wait I don't remember this being a contest. I am pretty sure I answered these with the understanding on not winning anything.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
It always told me "need a stonger connection please connect to a network" for most downloads. Even w 3g. just trying to give ya the best Iphone experiance. Sorry david I didn't know.
Might be working for me due to the 3Gs...no worries. Was just telling ya just so you would know.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Question 3 was not answered prior to what I decided to do so there is no winner for that one.

Question 4 will be posted tonite.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Looks like your questions have been answered, so I'll toss in a tip; If you wanna capture what's on your screen, press the home button (round depressed button on bottom) and the on/off button simultaneously. You should hear the "shutter action" and then the screen capture will be in your photos list. Downlaod "Photogene" (may still be free) for photo editting!

Enjoy your iPhone! :tiphat: