What's new

Any anglers out there?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yeah I live on one of the best bass lakes in the country, Lake Guntersville, but I hardly ever fish it. Guess I got burned out on it from fishing it as a kid all the time. Plus it gets so much tourism & tournament traffic now that it’s really over fished. Nowadays I like to travel with the kayaks & camper & fish other locations. I’ve got a trip to the gulf coming up in September that I’m pretty excited for. Might try & make another river trip somewhere close before then too. If you haven’t tried kayak fishing, I highly recommend it. If you don’t have a boat it’s a great, fairly inexpensive, way to get back into the sport. I’ve had several boats in the past, but when pulling the camper I can’t tow a boat too. But honestly, I don’t really miss it & actually catch more fish from the yak.
Guntersville is one of the most pressured lakes in the country and a couple tournament buddies say it's starting to show.
I cut my teeth fishing from canoes. I've seen some kayaks on the river and some are badass with rod holders, electronics and such.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well idk if I could claim the title angler, but I fish quite a bit...mainly at my lake house on Lake of the Ozarks. I find pics often tell the story better than I can so:
View attachment 118364
View attachment 118365
Some crappie caught 2 weekends past.
View attachment 118366
Trout from a pond stocked by MO game andfish. Caught on crappie candy.
View attachment 118367
And me in all my 300lb glory. We seem to catch alot of good sized kitties off the dock. In fact, most of my best fishing happens there. I get small and large mouth bags, though tbh I catch the best LM up the fresh water creek in the spring and fall.
Nice eating right there!

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Guntersville is one of the most pressured lakes in the country and a couple tournament buddies say it's starting to show.
I cut my teeth fishing from canoes. I've seen some kayaks on the river and some are badass with rod holders, electronics and such.
That’s why I quit fishing it. I’ll still go out on it a few times a year & get a mess of bream, crappie, or catfish for the table, but I leave the bass alone.

Yea I’ve had my yak everywhere from creeks, rivers, & lakes to inshore & off the beach (BTB beyond the breakers) saltwater. They are really versatile & having one with a lawn/beach chair style seat makes a world of difference for fishing.