What's new

Any anglers out there?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
We get out on Lake Guntersville, Neely Henry, and Logan Martin mainly after largemouth...I’d much rather go after pompano, sheepshead, whiting, reds along the coast. As well as bottom fishing for snapper, grouper, occasional flounder....but I’m a 5 hour drive to the coast so mostly target largemouth
I have to get to Guntersville some day. I fished a tournament on Neely Henry many moons ago. Beautiful part of the country. As far as redfish go, we have been experiencing some nice inshore fishing over the last couple years. Something that didn't happen before. not sure what the reason is but I hope they keep coming cause not many fish fight like a redfish on light tackle.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Not that day. We don't have much of a year class under 20" , average is 22-29". Don't wanna fish them out so unless she's going on the wall, she lives another day. Gotta leave some fish for the kids, kids, kids anyway ;)
I hear ya, brother. I can't tell you the last fish I kept for dinner. But, as far as eating goes, walleye are right up there IMHO.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I’m from the south so fried catfish and crappie is how we do it....but my favorite when is can is grilled mahi mahi and blackened grouper
I'm from Georgia originally and appreciate GOOD catfish and crappie is delicious. If you ever get a chance to eat fish through the ice (ice fishing) do it! They are so much better from cold 40° water

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I’m from the south so fried catfish and crappie is how we do it....but my favorite when is can is grilled mahi mahi and blackened grouper
Few, and I mean few, fish taste better than grouper! Mahi mahi, weakfish (sea trout), redfish hold their own and there's something to be said about good fried catfish but, grouper is where it's at.
There's been an invasion here of snakeheads. I'm telling you guys...if you have the chance to eat some do it. It might take over the top spot...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Damn, y’all got me wanting to run down to the coast and get some fresh seafood. Maybe next weekend I will. Pretty cool little cigar place in Panama City too. Panama City isn’t necessarily my favorite place but it’s the closest. This weekend may have to settle for some fried catfish and a few blue moonsD293BD81-7D7B-42DD-B471-CEE5DCAA3E71.jpeg. My son caught a mess of cats