What's new

Any anglers out there?

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Fish Minnetonka in MN a few times a week for pretty much everything. Early season, late season, early morning and late night are the only times you can fish because the yachts will make a mess of trying to stay on any bed. Who brings a boat from Honolulu to a MN lake always!!!
Great fishing on Tonka if you get the chance don't pass it up.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I love to go offshore and catch fish but I dont get to go as much as I would like. I do set lines in our creek behind the house. Funniest thing about the creek is it is called Hog Creek. Full of fish. Here is a picture of a few catfish we caught

catfish.jpg

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I am a half assed fisher. I got 3-4 times a year. Primarily Sport fishing for Large and Small mouth Bass. But when I go on Vaca up at MooseHead Lake, ME. I fish for Salmon and Lake Trout for dinner with my Father in law.
One of my childhood friends had family on Moosehead Lake and he always raved about the smallmouth fishing. Def on my list of places to go!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I love to go offshore and catch fish but I dont get to go as much as I would like. I do set lines in our creek behind the house. Funniest thing about the creek is it is called Hog Creek. Full of fish. Here is a picture of a few catfish we caught

View attachment 41327
Woah, brother! Some nice sized flatheads there! Nice looking family too.
I think almost every body of water has at least a Hog Bay or Hog Creek, Hog Island....lol!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Great pictures, Mr. Nothing! Love the set up/ rod holder on the stroller! Wish I had thought of that!
It was the only way I was going to be able push the stroller, pack the rod, and enjoy a cigar at the same time!
That's perfect!

I saw a kayak while on the water the other day that was set up for bass fishing. It was pretty bad assed! I need to look into that cause you can get into places my boat can't.....

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am a half assed fisher. I got 3-4 times a year. Primarily Sport fishing for Large and Small mouth Bass. But when I go on Vaca up at MooseHead Lake, ME. I fish for Salmon and Lake Trout for dinner with my Father in law.
One of my childhood friends had family on Moosehead Lake and he always raved about the smallmouth fishing. Def on my list of places to go!
There are a few great little lakes and ponds around Moosehead Lake that have great Bass fishing. However the locals up there urge you to kill any bass you catch from Moosehead Lake itself.
Keep it on your list of places to go. You won't regret it! It is the largest lake east of the Mississippi but has the least amount of boat traffic on it. And there are a bunch of islands you can beach your boat and camp or have a fire on said islands.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I haven't been in years but I do miss it. Except for the deer flies, horse flies, mosquitoes, sunburn... :rofl:

My father and I used to go fishing in some of the Northern Canadian lakes and pull out 18" rainbow trout in time for breakfast! I don't have my gear anymore or else I'd head out. My 6 year old son wants to go camping this Summer. If he likes it and we go again for a few days, I'll introduce him to fishing.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
^^ I wish I had that to do all over again, rdomfoto. i miss fishing with my young daughters. Now that they're older I will be fishing with them AND their boy friends.....still quality time spent with the kids, however.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I was really hoping to put the boat in the water this weekend but we were just hit with around 6" of rain last night and this morning.
Tha Potomac river looks like my morning cup of coffee but with more cream!!!!

There's always next weekend............

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm a big fisherman, and heavily involved in the ice fishing industry. Up until last year I made it a point to fish four days a week, since having kids though that's not as easy and it's more like 1-2 times every two weeks now. My oldest is showing a huge interest in it now though so it should be fun to get her out on the lakes this summer and get some firsts under her belt!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
^^^Funny how a "family" can get in the way of things we're used to doing..........
I would love to hear about you taking your daughter fishing this summer. There's nothing like seeing the look on their faces when they reel in that first fish....

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm gonna try my best to put the boat in the water sometime this weekend. The river is looking great since the last round of storms.
The only thing about this weekend is it's usually the first time of the "season" a lot of boaters are putting their boats in the water and that usually means a cluster "eff" at the ramps. Most "pleasure" boaters don't have a clue what they're doing and they don't care if they are holding up the ramp.......