What's new

Any anglers out there?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you find one, let me know. I joined a couple and left pretty quickly. BOTL is about as noob friendly of a forum as i have ever found. Some of those fishing forums are pretty rude to the uneducated.
I've been lurking on bassresource.com for a while. Seems like a decent place. Obviously it its bass focused though.

Big Tex

Meathead
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like to fish when I get time. This pic is from last weekend. We went about 70 miles offshore out of Freeport, TX. I usually fish the bays and beach around Matagorda, TX. 2coolfishing.com is a descent site, but mostly salt water stuff.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
nice, Big Tex!

I used to fish a couple times a week but now I"m lucky if I could go a couple times a month.
As far as the fishing forums go....i don't know of any. I'm sure there are some decent forums for novice anglers you just have to keep looking. I would advise joining Bassmasters and start getting their magazine. Also, youtube is your friend. You can see video's of just about anything fishing related like what tackle needed for a particular fish to how to cast.....

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I know around here and I'm pretty sure nation wide there are bass fishing clubs. Try looking up AZ bass federation and see what you come up with. These clubs are always looking for members and it's a great way to learn. good luck!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Dead,
Spend some time over at Bass Resource dot com. They're incredibly tolerant of repeat threads and noobs. No exaggeration: I've learned more about bass fishing there in the last 6 months than in the ten previous years on the water. The forums are great. The articles and videos are even better.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I primarily fish for Larry's and Smallies... but I'm going to try to bag some walleyes up in Wisconsin this weekend. Any suggestions for dog day walleyes? Power jig? Troll a lindy? Not sure what would be most effective this time of year. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I primarily fish for Larry's and Smallies... but I'm going to try to bag some walleyes up in Wisconsin this weekend. Any suggestions for dog day walleyes? Power jig? Troll a lindy? Not sure what would be most effective this time of year. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
If you can, drop some coin and head North. I mean... north

http://www.scottlakelodge.com/?gclid=CPz_8ZnTuMACFQctaQodvhoA2w

I've never done this trip but I've done plenty of trips just four to five hours north of the border. Worth every cent

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Im not allowed back into Canada after several incidents revolving me calling the Sedin brothers freakishly scary ginger soccer players.... and calling the Toronto Maple Leafs the Chicago Cubs of hockey (I thought it was a compliment). I already have a trip planned... so no amazing Canadian guides for me this weekend.... but maybe in the future.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Im not allowed back into Canada after several incidents revolving me calling the Sedin brothers freakishly scary ginger soccer players.... and calling the Toronto Maple Leafs the Chicago Cubs of hockey (I thought it was a compliment). I already have a trip planned... so no amazing Canadian guides for me this weekend.... but maybe in the future.
Oh hell, who doesn't call them that?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
My guess would be find the area where streams and channels flow into the system(lake) your fishing. Walleyes should be setting up in a fall pattern (especially this year). Find deep water just off of these inlets. And bounce a power bait with jig or jig head and minnow off the bottom. Try to change up the timing of retriever from slow to mod slow and switch up color of jig heads as well. Also deep diving shad raps may work in a trolling pattern directly off these spots as well. Just a guess on my part.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I don't know about you brothers but I've had it with winter! I know we in the Mid Atlantic don't have anything to complain about compared to our brothers in th N.E. , however , I'm gonna complain anyway! This is the first winter in years I haven't put the boat in the water at least a couple times.
Really looking forward to "Ice Out"! That's a term not used very often around these parts.......

Anyway, I hope some of you guys/ gals are getting to wet some lines. Won't be too long till I get out there.....I hope!

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Man I can't wait either. We were supposed to go on a weekend trip last weekend but the weather changed our plans. Maybe in the next couple weeks

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I primarily fly fish now for trout in the Smokies and I also like to get out west at least once a year. Not a finer way to enjoy nature.
007_18A.jpg
IMG_0441.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
P9240044.jpg
P9260066.jpg

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Wow TN Dave....beautiful fish! I traveled thru TN on the way to a couple tournaments and IMHO there is not a more beautiful state in the union. My mother was born in the Smokies but I never got to spend any time there.

It is snowing here in So. MD! Supposed to be down to 10 degrees tonight! Won't be able to fish for weeks due to most bodies of water are frozen. Wouldn't be so bad if the ice was thick enough to ice fish but that's not the case...

All this going on while one of my best friends in in Florida fishing the FLW tourny and it's supposed to get to almost 90 today......that bassurd!