What's new

Any info on Tatuaje La Casita Criolla or Fausto

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm REALLY hoping the Meat Locker becomes a yearly thing, multi-vitolas, more than 200 boxes each ... a special annual cigar for that shop. That would rock.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Pete on facebook:

"Okay, I can't keep it a secret any longer. My new brand La Casita Criolla is made with the following tobacco. 100% Conn. broadleaf."

"This is dark broadleaf that would be considered maduro. Coming in July."

"It's not too strong but it's got great spice and that chewy sweetness that I love. It should age great also."

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm REALLY hoping the Meat Locker becomes a yearly thing, multi-vitolas, more than 200 boxes each ... a special annual cigar for that shop. That would rock.
We would need the first meat locker to come out before we can hope for a yearly release ;)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Pete on facebook:

"Okay, I can't keep it a secret any longer. My new brand La Casita Criolla is made with the following tobacco. 100% Conn. broadleaf."

"It's not too strong but it's got great spice and that chewy sweetness that I love. It should age great also."
AWESOME!! I'm SOOOOO there. Man, I'm lovin' this ... 3 great REGULAR releases slated for this year so far: La Casita Criolla, Fausto, and Black Label Petite Lancero. Good thing I'm on a no-buying stint until summer, because I'm gonna need to buy a lot of new sticks come this summer, lol.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Okay guys. To clear this up. Not all broadleaf is dark. The wrapper will be but the binders and fillers are made up of broadleaf tobacco also. When Jaime buys broadleaf, he buys in hopes to get good dark juicy wrapper, some medium color wrapper like La Riqueza and good binder but the other leaf that doesn't make those grades is sorted by size and texture for filler. Again not every leaf will look like the wrapper. It's all 100% USA Conn.Broadleaf. The comment I made on facebook was about the color of the wrapper.
Jaime also buys all primings of broadleaf. Seco, Viso and Ligero. This is also how we are able to sort the filler to do the blend on the cigar.

Hope this helps.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Okay guys. To clear this up. Not all broadleaf is dark. The wrapper will be but the binders and fillers are made up of broadleaf tobacco also. When Jaime buys broadleaf, he buys in hopes to get good dark juicy wrapper, some medium color wrapper like La Riqueza and good binder but the other leaf that doesn't make those grades is sorted by size and texture for filler. Again not every leaf will look like the wrapper. It's all 100% USA Conn.Broadleaf. The comment I made on facebook was about the color of the wrapper.
Jaime also buys all primings of broadleaf. Seco, Viso and Ligero. This is also how we are able to sort the filler to do the blend on the cigar.

Hope this helps.
Yes it does, thanks Pete. That's sort of what I was thinking. Sounds delicious to me :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Pete on facebook:

That's insane! My brother and I were talking about how someone should release a cigar like that 2 weeks ago. We love that CT broadleaf.