What's new

Any Interest In A Cigar Pool? *WINNER SELECTED*

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Here's what I'm thinking, this will be a lottery type pool where all participants will send cigars to the winner, very simple.

The Rules:

1) The contest will be open to the first 20 BOTL members in good standing. Once the 20 Cigar Pool participant are selected, the Pool is closed and the drawing will proceed

2) Each participant in the Cigar Pool will be assigned two numbers ranging from 1-40.

3) To apply for an open spot, post your request in this thread, your numbers will be selected for you. A PM will be returned to you if you are accepted into the Cigar Pool. Update posts will be made by the Cigar Pool Administrator as to how many spots are taken/left.

4) Each person in the pool will send 5 cigars to the winner of the Cigar Pool.

5) Cigars must be premiums, if you have to ask what a premium cigar is, please don't ask to be part of the Cigar Pool.

6) The winner will be randomly picked by a Cigar Pool Number Picker, picked by myself.

7) Once the winner is announced, the other participants have two weeks, (fourteen days) to select and send their payout to the Cigar Pool winner.

8) Any participant who does not send their winnings on time (unless a damn good reason is given to the Cigar Pool Administrator) or at all will be severely ridiculed on BOTL.org and will no longer be eligible to participate in any further contests that this particular Cigar Pool Administrator conducts.

9) A list of the participants will be given to the winner after the Cigar Pool is over, it will be the responsibility of the Cigar Pool winner to collect winnings, not the responsibility of the Cigar Pool Administrator.

10) Once all entry spots are filled and numbers assigned, the list of participants and their respective numbered spots will be sent to another member of BOTL which may or may not be a member of the Cigar Pool.

11) A PM will then be sent to another different member of BOTL who may or may not be a participant of the Cigar Pool to pick a winning number. This is done for several reasons:

a- I too will be a participant and don't want any responsibility for picking the winning number in case one of my numbers is selected.

b- With having another member have the list of participants and another member picking the winner, any thoughts of collusion will be eliminated as I will be the only person who knows who else has the list and who the picker is.

12) The winner will receive 95 premium cigars!

13) The winner of the Cigar Pool has the sole responsibility of proper storage and will be responsible for smoking the cigars that are sent to him/her.

Any questions, feel free to post, and as always, the Cigar Pool Administrator reserves the right to change the rules if determined that the rule change will be fair and equitable and for the good of the pool.

So...who's in?

Current Participants
1 - Volusianator
2 - dpricenator
3 - Ratbert
4 - elric2007
5 - mpieniaz
6 - Panicbound
7 - Rich K (LOL)
8 - Fidel
9 - WhiteLightning
10 - williegstyles
11 - RMac5
12 - martini76

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Great idea.

I hope this goes better then the lotto did...people had three weeks to get their cigars out and had trouble.
I would thing that a one time offering will be easier to commit to than the 12 month lotto. I hope so anyway.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Todd beat me to it....check out the Lottery threads. Maybe you can pick it back up again? I know the last person in charge was tired of the headaches, but it was successful for a while.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm also in!

I like the concept. I agree that the logistics of this can be somewhat ungainly. I can write a program for you to generate the numbers randomly ( actually I wrote it for C++ ages ago, but never got to use it - ain't it cool when the textbook world meets the real world :yes: )

When would you start this?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I'm having flashbacks!!!

I hope this goes ok for you guys. A one time thing would be much better than a monthly deal like the lottery was. Have fun with it fellas!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
OK, apparently there were some issues with the lottery threads, but c'mon guys, this is easy, fun and someone's gonna walk away with 100 premium cigars! Lets spread the holiday cheer and participate, lets make someones Holiday one to remember.