What's new

Any metal/hardcore/metalcore/punk guys out there?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I got lost when the categories started to filter separate ways but I started on MTV with Bonn jovi Cinderella etc then graduated to headbangers ball lol wake up dead was the best that lead me to slayer, sod and some how I got into king diamond lol. Metallica SOAD killswitch some stuff I don't even know who the bands are but heard on pandora or xm.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Black flag
Social distortion
Dead kenedies
The cramps
Butthole surfers

o)

descendants all minor threat the vandals NOFx bad religion black pacific dance hall crashers rancid the distillers TSOL dead milkmen the clash the ramones the queers sloppy serconds atari teenage riot strung out the pixies flogging molly jello biafra and the melvins lagwagon me first and the gimme gimme's mighty mighty bosstones misfits (with glen danzig, please) propaghandi op ivy reverend horton heat screeching weasel streetlight manifesto tiger army X

just off the top of my head. o)

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Black flag
Social distortion
Dead kenedies
The cramps
Butthole surfers

o)

descendants all minor threat the vandals NOFx bad religion black pacific dance hall crashers rancid the distillers TSOL dead milkmen the clash the ramones the queers sloppy serconds atari teenage riot strung out the pixies flogging molly jello biafra and the melvins lagwagon me first and the gimme gimme's mighty mighty bosstones misfits (with glen danzig, please) propaghandi op ivy reverend horton heat screeching weasel streetlight manifesto tiger army X

just off the top of my head. o)
You both nailed a lot for me as well. Give me punk and SKA and I will be happy all day.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I grew up on Megadeth but I can't stand Dave Mustaine anymore. The most recent album is the first Megadeth album I did not buy. I got burned by 3 or 7 in a row. Testament finally appealed to me with their last 2 albums but I wouldn't say they're anything like the thrash band they were years ago.

I still listen to Megadeth but not much of the material after Countdown to Extinction.

My favorites:

Opeth
Katatonia
Type O Negative :crytears:
Kamelot
Ghost

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Forgot to mention Machine Head. Pure awesome recent metal. I would punt either Metallica or SOAD from my precious list to make room for these guys.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
As for recent metal, check out an Australian band called 4arm. I've seen em twice, once on tour with testament and the other with Anthrax. Both time, very impressed.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Iron maiden
Pantera
And a myriad of shitty bands I still love from high school.

I set my friends on fire is awful. But I'll be damned if I don't love them so much.

My sister actually used to date Joel from born of Osiris. And always go to their shows. Nice to have a hometown band to be proud of.

Pretty much all except for BOTDF

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Pro-Pain
Five Finger Death Punch
Slipknot
Rammstein
Storm troopers Of Death/Method of Destruction/Anthrax

Iron Maiden
Toxic Field Mice
Suicidal Tendencies

Sepultura/Soulfly
Death (Chuck Schuldiner)
Fear Factory
Slayer

They are like potato chips. You just cant stop at 5.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I can't lump these genres together for a top 5.

Metal-esque:
Pantera
White Zombie
Danzig
Fear Factory
Sepultura (with Max...)

And even though they are more industrial, Ministry deserves an honerable mention depending on how you want to define metal.

Punk:
Misfits
Black Flag
Aus Rotten
Leftover Crack
Dead Kennedys

There are many more I could list but I'll leave them here...

Last edited: