What's new

Any metal/hardcore/metalcore/punk guys out there?

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
There used to be this great Industrial Monk cd I used to love. It would be up there on my list. I wish I could find the cd or buy the thing. I will have to look into this tonight. Monk Chants + Industrial Rock = Awesomeness

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Punk:
Misfits
Black Flag
Aus Rotten
Leftover Crack
Dead Kennedys

There are many more I could list but I'll leave them here...
I like this guy ^

But no Subhumans?
They weren't in my personal top 5, but they were certainly a good band and influential to the genre in the 80s. Same deal with the sex pistols... I have a lot of respect, just not regular rotation material for me. I just realized I didn't mention one Brit/Oi punk band... Ha ha ha. Some of my buddies would probably beat me for this post 10 years ago... Lol.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Punk:
Misfits
Black Flag
Aus Rotten
Leftover Crack
Dead Kennedys

I like this guy ^

But no Subhumans?
They weren't in my personal top 5, but they were certainly a good band and influential to the genre in the 80s. Same deal with the sex pistols... I have a lot of respect, just not regular rotation material for me. I just realized I didn't mention one Brit/Oi punk band... Ha ha ha. Some of my buddies would probably beat me for this post 10 years ago... Lol.
HAHA, I always think about the quote from SLP Punk that I never really got until I got older. "If the guy I was then met the guy I am now he'd beat the shit out of me."

Some of my favs that I still listen to pretty regularly
Subhumans
Chaos UK
Conflict
The Exploited
Oi Pol Oi

Never was a huge fan of the Sex Pistols, they had some great songs but to may people I knew used them as a cop out to do drugs. I wasn't straight edge, just didn't like hanging around with junkies.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Punk:
Misfits
Black Flag
Aus Rotten
Leftover Crack
Dead Kennedys

I like this guy ^

But no Subhumans?
HAHA, I always think about the quote from SLP Punk that I never really got until I got older. "If the guy I was then met the guy I am now he'd beat the shit out of me."

Some of my favs that I still listen to pretty regularly
Subhumans
Chaos UK
Conflict
The Exploited
Oi Pol Oi

Never was a huge fan of the Sex Pistols, they had some great songs but to may people I knew used them as a cop out to do drugs. I wasn't straight edge, just didn't like hanging around with junkies.
Ha, that was a great movie...

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Agree with the Sex Pistols, good stuff but not really in the regular rotation. I got more into the Damned, Agnostic Front and the Germs.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Off the top of my head (been a long time)
Naked Raygun
Red Hot Chili Peppers (early stuff) i like the mainstream stuff as well
Black Flag
Misfits
dead Kennedys
I know I'm missing a bunch

Mike

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Pantera is awesome. Another band I can't do without.

Still sucks that we'll never see a reunion because some asshole took the life of one of the greatest musicians of the last 50 years.
just looked this up, that's insane, i never listened to them, but it still feels like shit reading about it

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Naked Raygun
Black Flag
Misfits
dead Kennedys

Mike
Damn, I forgot all about NakedRaygun, I haven't listen to them in years. I'm gonna have to add them back into the mix.

Also another favorite is Youth Brigade, so glad to see them touring again.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Naked Raygun
Black Flag
Misfits
dead Kennedys

Mike
Damn, I forgot all about NakedRaygun, I haven't listen to them in years. I'm gonna have to add them back into the mix.

Youth Brigade is an awesome band, got to see them at a really small show almost 15yrs ago... f*ck, I'm getting old

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Naked Raygun
Black Flag
Misfits
dead Kennedys

Mike

I grew up in Chicago. I could catch a Naked Raygun show every couple of months. I remember seeing the smashing pumpkins for $5 before they got popular. Quite a few others as well. Cabaret Metro always had a few shows a week.

Mike

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been off the thread for a bit, but it's good to see a dialogue going here.

By reading everyone's lists, it's pissing me off I didn't split off into more 5-band lists by genre.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Black flag
Social distortion
Dead kenedies
The cramps
Butthole surfers

o)

descendants all minor threat the vandals NOFx bad religion black pacific dance hall crashers rancid the distillers TSOL dead milkmen the clash the ramones the queers sloppy serconds atari teenage riot strung out the pixies flogging molly jello biafra and the melvins lagwagon me first and the gimme gimme's mighty mighty bosstones misfits (with glen danzig, please) propaghandi op ivy reverend horton heat screeching weasel streetlight manifesto tiger army X

just off the top of my head. o)
Dude, I just saw your mention of ATR. I think I lost it the first glance. Ha. I always thought of them more as industrial/electro, but it doesn't get much more punk. Alec Empire is straight up crazy with production. Just an all out assault on your ears. Now I have to go dig through my old cds...

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Naked Raygun
Black Flag
Misfits
dead Kennedys

Mike

Youth Brigade is an awesome band, got to see them at a really small show almost 15yrs ago... f*ck, I'm getting old
Haha, yeah I know the feeling. I have yet to see them live, I was surprised when a friend of mine told me he saw them again. Or coarse the jerk told me after he went to see them play. Jerk!

Naked Raygun
Black Flag
Misfits
dead Kennedys

Mike

I grew up in Chicago. I could catch a Naked Raygun show every couple of months. I remember seeing the smashing pumpkins for $5 before they got popular. Quite a few others as well. Cabaret Metro always had a few shows a week.

Mike
A friend of mine introduced them to me about 11 years ago, really good band. I've seen Smashing Pumpkins once, certainly wasn't for $5. haha