What's new

Any Other Woodworkers on BOTL?

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I foolishly showed the wife that I can build things.... now I have a cabinet project I front of me. Anyone know a good source for affordable soft close drawer glides?
Been there, built that...or something like it. I'll be making a custom vanity and built-ins when we eventually remodel the downstairs bath.

They're not exactly high end but I've had pretty good luck getting drawer slides from Lowe's and Home Depot. Depending on where you are in Pennsylvania, you might also check out your nearest Woodcraft and/or Rockler stores. Then, of course, there's Amazon.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now that my saw cart is basically done, I'm thinking my next project should be building some shelves for my wineador. Any of you guys built any? I'm having a hard time finding any plans or videos.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Working on designing some shelves for my wineador. This is what I have so far but I'm not happy with the slats in the middles so far. Can't get the spacing to look right due to the size of the shelf I need.shelves.PNG

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm planning on making some boxes this summer, with the eventual goal of building humidors for my cigars. You guys should go to the cigarbox section and like my suggestion for a woodworking & diy section of the forum!

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here's a quick drawing based on your dimensions, to give you some ideas about playing with the slat width and spacing so it comes out even(ish) and aesthetically pleasing. I also drew the corners as butt joints to simplify glue up. Clamping up 45° miters can be slippery enough without the added complication of slats.

Shelf.png

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's a quick drawing based on your dimensions, to give you some ideas about playing with the slat width and spacing so it comes out even(ish) and aesthetically pleasing. I also drew the corners as butt joints to simplify glue up. Clamping up 45° miters can be slippery enough without the added complication of slats.

View attachment 113318
Thanks, I started playing with a version similar to that as well. I’ll post it up once I finish tonight.

Couple of Quick questions, 1. How do you get dimensions to show like that and 2. Is it possible to have the software place the slats evenly without you manually moving them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Couple of Quick questions, 1. How do you get dimensions to show like that and 2. Is it possible to have the software place the slats evenly without you manually moving them?
That was just a quick version I made in MS Visio since I don't have access to SketchUp at the moment. But both have dimensioning tools and can align/distribute components to evenly space them, as can other programs.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Wow, ALL Y'all have some amazing talent , keep it up .......

I'm one of the origanal "Tim The Tool Taylor" I save money by paying someone else to do it, and my Hospital and Doc bills stay allot lower...... :banghead: