icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
He should be gone for a total of 10 games at least. This series and all of next series. If they are out of the playoffs then it should get served at the beginning of next season.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
You can always try and guess what they'd do with the NHL Wheel of Justice! http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

Some fun easter eggs in it..

If you use Todd Bertuzzi as the player making the hit, you can get:
Todd Bertuzzi has been suspended for the rest of the season. In reviewing this play, we also took into consideration that Todd Bertuzzi previously almost killed Steve Moore.
If you use a Bruins player:
Hockey Play
After a thorough review we can find no basis to impose supplemental discipline. This was a hockey play. In reviewing this play, we also took into consideration that Tyler Seguin plays for the Boston Bruins, who are mostly un-suspendable.
Ovie or another superstar:
Paltry Fine
Alexander Ovechkin has been fined the paltry amount allowed in the CBA as a result of his actions on Marian Hossa. In reviewing this play, we also took into consideration that Alexander Ovechkin is a superstar.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
No shock, the refs are calling absolutely everything in tonights Pens/Flyers game. Pitt hasnt seemed to get the message yet though for some reason

Also, i think you could drive a Mack truck through Marc Andre Fleury's legs at the moment...he's playing like garbage

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think Torres got hosed with the 25 game suspension.

Did he hit Hossa late? Yes.
Did he leave his feet to deliver the hit? Yes.
Did it deserve a suspension? Considering his history with this type of hit, Yes.
Did he deserve 25 games? Not a chance.

I don't think Torres' intent was to injure Hossa...merely to plant him on his ass. Dirty hit? Sure. Intent to injure? I don't think so.

Take a look at the Philly v Pittsburgh series...Aaron Asham gets 4 games for cross checking Brayden Schenn in the throat and then punching him in the back of the head as he lays on the ice.

Dirty hit? Absolutely!!!
Intent to injure? You bet!!!
Asham's cross-check was in direct response to a hard hit delivered by Schenn. Upon seeing the hit, Asham takes several strides directly toward Schenn and delivers the high cross-check, then punches him in the back of the head as he lays defensless on the ice.

In my opinion, what Asham did was clearly more intent to injure than Torres.

That being said...My Flyers sent Sid the crybaby and the rest of the Penguins packing, the Coyotes have won their first playoff series since forever, and the Redwings are watching the playoffs at home...so I'm a happy camper!!!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yeah - nothing like physical North American hockey! For that reason, watching hockey, in the Olympics, is so boring until you see America and Canada play!!

I watched the Yotes-Hawks game live yesterday... and the hit on Hossa was tough to see. I'm a huge Yotes fan - and was all jerseyed up of course - but nobody likes to see someone go out on a stretcher (even the guy that injured two Yotes players in the last two games). I hope all is well with him... but it just looked like Torres was finishing a check on the last guy to control the puck... it wasn't on his blind side, but Hossa was just off balance and didn't see it coming.

In slow motion, Torres apparently lifted off the ice an inch or two before the hit... and that's not allowed...... so, after slow motion camera review, he MIGHT get a few game suspension...... but, watching it live, there was a linesman staring right at it and we all saw it happen - heck, even the Hawks fans around me didn't think it was a penalty. Guess we'll see what the league says... but "dirty" being thrown around like he meant to really hurt the guy or tried to do something extremely illegal? Eh... I think not.

LMAO I guess you could be an NHL ref the funny thing is you watched it in slow motion:stretchgr 25gm suspenison and that's fair.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
lol @ Lundqvist last night saying the NHL had some kind of conspiracy to make sure Ottawa gets through to the next round. I'm sure their tv ratings/merch revenue would be waaaaaay better served by the Rangers advancing.

Although, I did think Neil's goal was kicked in

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
lol @ Lundqvist last night saying the NHL had some kind of conspiracy to make sure Ottawa gets through to the next round. I'm sure their tv ratings/merch revenue would be waaaaaay better served by the Rangers advancing.

Although, I did think Neil's goal was kicked in
Blueshirts have been getting screwed with no calls. And not only was the goal kicked in but Neil had his stick on Hendrik and pushed him around, away from the puck. Yes there is a conspiracy I'm telling ya! G1

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
To think there's a conspiracy is insane - the reffing has been horrid though in most of the series'. I hate how the standard changes from regular season to playoffs.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I don't think Torres' intent was to injure Hossa...merely to plant him on his ass. Dirty hit? Sure. Intent to injure? I don't think so.
Apparently you haven't followed Raffi's career before Phoenix too closely...or his regular season this year either. :rofl:

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Shoulda banned him from the league, especially after you see his 'greatest hits' all in one clip. Every one of them is targeted at the head and clearly intending to do nothing more than hurt the other player. The fact that teams pay him millions of dollars is disturbing.

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have seen FAR worse "leaving your feet" hits in my many years of watching hockey. Shit, I've probably been hit similarly several times over my years of playing. There's a difference between "hurt" and "injure". IMO, just like in football, every hit is intended to "hurt" the other guy...that's the whole point...wear the guy down, get in his head, take him off his game, make him think twice about coming through the neutral zone with his head down...etc. I know Torres and some other guys around the league do hit hard and dirty, but I'd be willing to bet that their goal is to hurt...not injure. I really doubt that Torres thought to himself, "I'm gonna make this guy leave the ice on a stretcher." More likely, he just wanted put Hossa on his butt and make him sit and "clear the cobwebs" for a few minutes.

When you start talking about "intent to injure" I think there have been SEVERAL other plays that display a total lack of regard for the other person's health and safety, far worse than what Torres did, that were not punished as severely. That, IMO, is a dangerous precedence.

Anyway...I stand by my words. It deserved a suspension, just not 25 games worth.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Incidentally, as much as I've been harping on the on-ice officials, they made the exact right call on that one with the 5+GM. Takes guts to make that call against a team that's down in the dying minutes of the game.

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Incidentally, as much as I've been harping on the on-ice officials, they made the exact right call on that one with the 5+GM. Takes guts to make that call against a team that's down in the dying minutes of the game.
+1. I was glad to see they made the right call. Many times in this situation, the refs will not do what is right because they don't want to be accused of "deciding the game"...or in this instance, deciding the series.

It was a scary moment there at first seeing no movement from him laying face first on the ice. Glad to see he got up and skated off under his own power.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Hayes deserved the 5 minute major and game misconduct. I was at the game, and it was a bad hit. Cost the Hawks the chance for yet another miracle comeback, but Hayes got what he earned.

Reference Torres, Nic and Jim....we will just have to agree to disagree.