What's new

Apple Keynote: Sept 2017

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
My phone is going to be due for an update, so I will probably pickup the 8 plus. Maybe its just me but I'm not liking the face ID. Airpower would be nice, but I don't know if the ease of Airpower would make we want to by an iPhone X.
Good news: the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus also have wireless charging. :)

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Good news: the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus also have wireless charging. :)
I missed that part apparently, I thought the wireless charging was only in the iPhone X. The 8 plus is looking better and better, I like the 4k 60 fps video and the 1080p 243fps video.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I don't like that they took out finger print, I don't want to bring the phone to my face when I want to unlock it. I know it sounds petty. But in my job I like to be quick with my phone. Also what's with the no home button? They couldn't put it on the side? My biggest gripe would be the type c?! They already have it on the MacBook Pro why wouldn't you just make it fluid through the line but no you have to make me carry two wires. Honestly I'm not 100 percent sold on it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
• I don't want to bring the phone to my face when I want to unlock it.
• what's with the no home button? They couldn't put it on the side?
•My biggest gripe would be the type c?! They already have it on the MacBook Pro why wouldn't you just make it fluid through the line but no you have to make me carry two wires.
All real thoughts. Personally, I have no feelings (good or bad) towards Face ID. Oddly enough, I couldn't care less about it.

I like having no home button - streamlined and straightforward is always my favorite. I also like the idea of a simple swipe up for going home. To each their own, though.

I do completely agree about USB-C. I wish they would go ahead and completely convert their products to that. However, wireless charging is a game changer. In fact, they could, in theory, go completely wireless now. Charging/syncing/streaming via Bluetooth/WiFi/AirPower is pretty cool. But, again, I like when things are streamlined and straightforward.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you guys think they figured out how to make FaceID/Face Recognition not suck? Because every iteration I've seen up to this point from other manufacturers has been abyssmal. With the exception of Microsoft Hello, but generally to make it really secure you need a 150$ RealSense camera that uses three different camera technologies to detect identity.

Also, heavily agree on the USB-C. I just want to use one cable for everything. =/ I dont understand why they won't just plop that thing in.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was super excited to hear about the Apple watch 3. I went immediately after work yesterday and bought the Apple Watch 2. Saved myself a bunch of money. I don't need to make phone calls from my wrist. I'm not Dick Tracey.

All the other stuff? Meh, I can wait for the next model. The iPhone X is pretty cool, though not worth the price tag to me.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I'd be pretty upset over not having a fingerprint scanner unless face recognition is on 100% of the time and always works.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I'd be pretty upset over not having a fingerprint scanner unless face recognition is on 100% of the time and always works.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I'd be happy with a face scan that works more than the fingerprint which is not nearly 100%, and never works with gloves or with the slightest hint of moisture on thumb.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Ordered the Apple Watch 3 (LTE, Space Gray Aluminum, 42 mm) last week. According to the pre-shipment ETA, it should be here between Oct 19-26. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have just gone into AT&T and picked one up. Oh well - I can wait. (y)

I also think I'm going to wait to upgrade to the iPhone 8 Plus. I don't see any specs that make me want to leave my 7 Plus to the 8 Plus. However, once I actually hold someone's 8 Plus, I'm sure I'll end up upgrading. haha

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
My IPhone 8 Plus is supposed to arrive today. I didn't want to wait for the X, because of the following reasons:

1) Facial recognition seems stupid.
2) The camera on the X is a little better, but doesn't justify spending another $200.
3) I like the home button, and I am used to it. Sometimes these tech companies take away the familiar features that I like. The reason I never got an Adroid is that I am used to the iphone, so I don't want to learn a whole new style of phone. Familiarity is important to me as I am not the most tech-savvy person.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
My IPhone 8 Plus is supposed to arrive today. I didn't want to wait for the X, because of the following reasons:

1) Facial recognition seems stupid.
2) The camera on the X is a little better, but doesn't justify spending another $200.
3) I like the home button, and I am used to it. Sometimes these tech companies take away the familiar features that I like. The reason I never got an Adroid is that I am used to the iphone, so I don't want to learn a whole new style of phone. Familiarity is important to me as I am not the most tech-savvy person.
Thanks for your input

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
@bostoneo, I know you got the Apple Watch 3 last week. Did you have any issues setting up the wireless portion? I ask because I'm reading that quite a few people are having issues although it seems that most of them are on business accounts and/or they bought it directly from an Apple store.

I ordered mine through AT&T so hopefully (hopefully) it comes ready to rock.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
@bostoneo, I know you got the Apple Watch 3 last week. Did you have any issues setting up the wireless portion? I ask because I'm reading that quite a few people are having issues although it seems that most of them are on business accounts and/or they bought it directly from an Apple store.

I ordered mine through AT&T so hopefully (hopefully) it comes ready to rock.
wireless as in the cell wireless? I had zero issues, just took a long time to initially setup the dang thing. I am running on verizon