What's new

Apple Keynote: Sept 2017

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My IPhone 8 Plus is supposed to arrive today. I didn't want to wait for the X, because of the following reasons:

1) Facial recognition seems stupid.
2) The camera on the X is a little better, but doesn't justify spending another $200.
3) I like the home button, and I am used to it. Sometimes these tech companies take away the familiar features that I like. The reason I never got an Adroid is that I am used to the iphone, so I don't want to learn a whole new style of phone. Familiarity is important to me as I am not the most tech-savvy person.
So you're saying the 8 is the last iPhone you buy?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
So you're saying the 8 is the last iPhone you buy?
I can't speak for Alan, but I like the 8 over the X for all the reasons he listed, and it'll likely be the last iPhone I buy until planned obsolescence requires me to change my ways. I was still happily rocking my 4S until i bought Ara's 6 last year.

Actually, what's more likely is that I'll have a 7+ until the 8 is already obsolete.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can't speak for Alan, but I like the 8 over the X for all the reasons he listed, and it'll likely be the last iPhone I buy until planned obsolescence requires me to change my ways. I was still happily rocking my 4S until i bought Ara's 6 last year.

Actually, what's more likely is that I'll have a 7+ until the 8 is already obsolete.
The reason that I think his comments were odd is that phones, regardless of maker, are going to lose more and more of these manual inputs as they evolve. I'm not saying you have to upgrade every generation as I went from a 3GS to a 6 and will most likely hang on to the 6 until the X has been out for a while or whatever comes out after the X is released. Features/inputs that you're used to will always go away, get modified, etc. Change is the only constant and it's best to embrace it.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0

I'll probably try to use my 6+ until it's entirely dead. Being married and having a child has changed the way I feel about spending money. Even with cigars; I find myself thinking $200 for me to smoke up or $150 for the college fund and $50 for smoking. But when this phone does die I will absolutely want the latest/greatest.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Bro! You need an iPhone X for that incredible camera! Milania will only be little once - capture the moments by upgrading!!!

(kidding!) (kind of)
GoFundMe ?! Lmaoo nah man my phone works just fine and I rock it caseless so it’s super sexy