• Leave it on never remove it.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • leave it on, but remove it so I can smoke the nub

Votes: 153 56.5%
  • Take it off before lighting, I don't want anyone knowing what I'm smoking

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Take it off after smoking a bit.

Votes: 55 20.3%
  • Who the F cares? It's a little piece of paper!!!

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
So how do you smoke your cigars? Band ON or OFF? Personally I leave it on until it is in danger of being burnt. Please give a reson for your vote. My ereason is that i collect my bands, and don't want then to tear, so I hope that the heat will loosen the glue. I'm also worried about damaging the wrappper.

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I am usually too anxious to cut, light and get going to remove before I start. Normally I wait until the band is in danger of getting burnt before I remove it.

This isn't going to be like the cello question, is it?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I am usually too anxious to cut, light and get going to remove before I start. Normally I wait until the band is in danger of getting burnt before I remove it.

This isn't going to be like the cello question, is it?[/QUOTE]

It better be. I want to know what everyone thinks and why. This is one of those questions, that if left unanswered will most certainly affect the space time continuum.

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0

This isn't going to be like the cello question, is it?[/QUOTE]

It better be. I want to know what everyone thinks and why. This is one of those questions, that if left unanswered will most certainly affect the space time continuum.
Chuck ain't gonna like this. hehe

Wagz

Großartig Hurensohn
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I take them off as soon as it's safe to do so without tearing either it or the wrapper. I also collect the bands (and paste them in my "cigar review" notebook under the review).

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I leave it on until the burn gets close so it is easier to remove. Plus I usually hold the cigar by the band to keep my fingers off the cigar. Who knows where those fingers have been lately?

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So how do you smoke your cigars? Band ON or OFF? Personally I leave it on until it is in danger of being burnt. Please give a reson for your vote. My ereason is that i collect my bands, and don't want then to tear, so I hope that the heat will loosen the glue. I'm also worried about damaging the wrappper.
Squid® removes the band after cutting and before lighting. I collect them also for my little hobby. (At this point I have four paper grocery bags full) Partly I do this because when I worked at a Cigar Club I didn't want to advertize a particular stick over any others...

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I take mine off before I light the cigar, I don't want to stop and take it off after I've started enjoying the cigar....I don't want that interruption!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I smoke it with the band on until I get down to the band and the warmth from the cigar burning is just enough to loosen the glue from the band so that I may peel that annoying little piece of paper off so that I may finish my fucking cigar:smokingbo

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey, not to thread-jack, but how do you vote on a poll?

Also, I know this has been covered before, but how do you donate to BoTL?

Bear

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I smoke it with the band on until I get down to the band and the warmth from the cigar burning is just enough to loosen the glue from the band so that I may peel that annoying little piece of paper off so that I may finish my fucking cigar:smokingbo
Hear hear!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Bear, PM Eric or David, they can help you.

I take all bands off before smoking. Most times I smoke in the car, hard to remove the bands going 80 mph AND deal with the girl on my lap, plus tune the radio in.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remove prior to cutting and toasting. I like to study the nuances of the aroma changes along the length of the stick from cut to foot while smoking, first puff until finished. The interruption of that process by a piece of paper has no appeal to me whatsoever.