• Leave it on never remove it.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • leave it on, but remove it so I can smoke the nub

Votes: 153 56.5%
  • Take it off before lighting, I don't want anyone knowing what I'm smoking

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Take it off after smoking a bit.

Votes: 55 20.3%
  • Who the F cares? It's a little piece of paper!!!

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Like others I wait for the heat of the cigar to loosen the glue enough to remove the band. If the band is really loose at the beginning and I can slide it off, I'll do that. I've ripped a few wrappers trying to take the band too early.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I just read an article on this the other day while I was at my B&M and it was interesting.
I'll remove a band if it gets in my way or don't want to answer a bunch of questions regarding what I'm smoking.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
For me it really depends on whether or not the band is glued to the wrapper. I'm not going to rip off the band right away if someone glued it to the wrapper. I will sometimes remove straight off the bat if it's loose. If it's tight but I don't know if it's glued to the wrapper than I leave it till the heat gets down there and I then will decide whether I remove it or just set it down. In the end I ultimately remove the band so I can make those ultra sweet things with cigar bands like coasters or my coffee cup.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
It depends on the smoke..if Im gonna "nub" it...yes it comes off, but if its not going to be nubbed, the band stays...I like seeing the remains of a stick with the band on it....

Funny story...not trying to "Thread Jack"

I was at the Blue Martini last Friday, and we were all smoking sticks..My younger brother was smoking one of Drew's Tabaks...those sticks have 2 labels on them...one on the foot and the other at the traditional location...Since this stick had an esplendido shape to it, this bastard clipped the foot and lit the cap...He smoke about a 1/4 of the stick before I noticed...So to make up for it, he flip-flopped the labels and continued smoking...

I guess you had to be there to think it was as funny as I did!!!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It depends on the smoke..if Im gonna "nub" it...yes it comes off, but if its not going to be nubbed, the band stays...I like seeing the remains of a stick with the band on it....

Funny story...not trying to "Thread Jack"

I was at the Blue Martini last Friday, and we were all smoking sticks..My younger brother was smoking one of Drew's Tabaks...those sticks have 2 labels on them...one on the foot and the other at the traditional location...Since this stick had an esplendido shape to it, this bastard clipped the foot and lit the cap...He smoke about a 1/4 of the stick before I noticed...So to make up for it, he flip-flopped the labels and continued smoking...

I guess you had to be there to think it was as funny as I did!!!
Thats funny shit! At least swapped the labels so no one else knew.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So how do you smoke your cigars? Band ON or OFF? Personally I leave it on until it is in danger of being burnt. Please give a reson for your vote. My ereason is that i collect my bands, and don't want then to tear, so I hope that the heat will loosen the glue. I'm also worried about damaging the wrappper.
Werd.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I am usually too anxious to cut, light and get going to remove before I start. Normally I wait until the band is in danger of getting burnt before I remove it.

This isn't going to be like the cello question, is it?[/QUOTE]

It better be. I want to know what everyone thinks and why. This is one of those questions, that if left unanswered will most certainly affect the space time continuum.
Aside from collecting why would you care one way or the other?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So how do you smoke your cigars? Band ON or OFF? Personally I leave it on until it is in danger of being burnt. Please give a reson for your vote. My ereason is that i collect my bands, and don't want then to tear, so I hope that the heat will loosen the glue. I'm also worried about damaging the wrappper.

Those are ALL of the reasons I keep my bands on. Mostly for fear of damaging the wrapper. SOme manufacturers must use superglue...:hanghead:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I have the exact same reasoning as you, Dave. The only exception I can think of is if I were to be something something forbidden in public I may remove the band, but that's never happened and isn't likely to.

Otherwise, they stay on for fear of wrecking the wrapper (which I've done before taking off a band). I actually don't usually remove them to smoke the nub, because I seldom smoke a stick that far down, except for a Tat or something.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have the exact same reasoning as you, Dave. The only exception I can think of is if I were to be something something forbidden in public I may remove the band, but that's never happened and isn't likely to.

Otherwise, they stay on for fear of wrecking the wrapper (which I've done before taking off a band). I actually don't usually remove them to smoke the nub, because I seldom smoke a stick that far down, except for a Tat or something.
That's the best part! That's where you get all of that richness and "sweet spot" flavors - cocoa, espresso and licorice.