• Leave it on never remove it.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • leave it on, but remove it so I can smoke the nub

Votes: 153 56.5%
  • Take it off before lighting, I don't want anyone knowing what I'm smoking

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Take it off after smoking a bit.

Votes: 55 20.3%
  • Who the F cares? It's a little piece of paper!!!

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually remove it when the burn line is about .5" away from the bottom of the band, I save them and put them in a jar next to the humi

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Didn't know how to vote with the choices offered.

At home I leave it on until it loosens, in public, I remove it before i light up. Don't care to "showcase" what I smoke. If someone asks what I'm smoking, I'll tell them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i either take it off before i light if its possible, otherwise after a few minutes of smoking so i can tape it in my cigar journal along with my review

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I agree with you I wait till I get close enough to the band for the glue to loosen up, because I collect my bands as well.

Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
So how do you smoke your cigars? Band ON or OFF? Personally I leave it on until it is in danger of being burnt. Please give a reson for your vote. My ereason is that i collect my bands, and don't want then to tear, so I hope that the heat will loosen the glue. I'm also worried about damaging the wrappper.
You hit it right on the head.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
i take it off before lighting if it wont tear the wrapper.

My reason...i've observed too many people that leave it on simply for the reason of showing off what they're smoking. I refuse to even allow myself to have someone mis-construe me for being one of those guys who likes to brag about what they're smoking.

"Look at me, I'm smoking an Ashton Cabinet."

" No. No. Look at me, i'm smoking a Dunhill"

Yeah, those are the types. They buy the big name brands simply because they are expensive and well known.

I hate show-offs!!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I take mine off as long as it wont tear the wrapper. I collect the bands so I take em off before I light up and when smoking I write a rating on the back. No reason the leave the band on in my opinion.

Alaska_Man

Occasional Puffer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave the band on. Since I don't tend to smoke down any closer than and inch or and inch and a half (hate the hot smoke and afraid of burning my fingers), it's a good indicator of when I'm done with a cigar.

Alaska_Man

Occasional Puffer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, pirmigrin,
Yeah I prefer to smoke slowly, and I definitely slow down as I approach the end of a cigar. But no matter how slow I get it, I haven't gotten a technique where I can't begin to feel the warmth on my lips and tongue by the last inch or so. Not that a LITTLE warmth is necessarily a bad thing--I just don't care for it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I collect my bands too and find that not only does the heat from the cigar make it easier to remove it if i take it off post light, but also that the bands straighten out from their curled position faster if they have been warmed.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I take them off as soon as it's safe to do so without tearing either it or the wrapper. I also collect the bands (and paste them in my "cigar review" notebook under the review).
Noob thanks you for the tip!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to forget what I am smoking sometimes, especially if it's a new one, so I keep it on and then wait till I'm about half an inch away to take the band off...or whenever I see it's still on. The thing doesn't bother me.

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
Take mine off as soon as it is safe to do so without hurting the wrapper. On a semi-related note, I had a customer at the shop ask me if I had smoked a cigar with the cedar wrap still on it. To my astonishment he followed that up by trying to make a case for me to try it to experience the "cedar smoke".

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I take mine off as long as it wont tear the wrapper. I collect the bands so I take em off before I light up and when smoking I write a rating on the back. No reason the leave the band on in my opinion.
I like the idea of writing the ratings on the back. I like to take the band off but not until it can safely be taken off, I also collect the bands.