What's new

Battle Field 3. Who's playing?

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
Gents,

I picked up BF3 the day it came out. I must say it's pretty impressive thus far. I've only played the campaign so I can't comment on the Multiplayer but the Campaign's pretty tough on Normal.

The only complaint I have is the story line feels like it's mirroring Black Ops a little.

Anyone else playing it? Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Im playing it, I like the campaign, havent played MP yet either, cant see paying 60$ a year extra to play games.....

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I am playing it right now as well with a reversed take on the game. I have only played the multiplayer and have yet to dive into the story (first game i have ever done that with)

The MP is amazing, nothing shy of brilliant. The Jets feel responsive, the Choppers feel agile (though they have a harder learning curve this go around) and the soldier’s movement feels fluid.

I think the games MP really benefits from the Hardcore setting, if your going to play a realistic military shooter, might as well play it with a game mode that only gives you 1/5 the health. I hate dumping a mag of 5.56 into a guy just to have him run behind cover. Hardcore is a 2-5 shots kill type of mode. Much more up my alley

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm playing it too. On normal the campaign is pretty balanced. Not to hard, not too easy. I only get miffed playing it when there is a point where you have no clue what to do and keep dying. Then after the 5th or 6th time button commands magically appear - ones you've been trying all along - and you have to push them as soon as they appear or you still die. But those moments seem to be few so far.

The online play though is where it's at. Due to typical launch server problems I've not played it much but finally got on with some friends last night and played until 2 am. It was a blast. If you run with a squad that communicates, you can rock the map.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I'm playing. Beat the campaign on Thursday evening. Not long at all, but man it's great looking.

Picked up a joystick on the way home after work yesterday and spent the evening (and a good part of the early morning) tryingto learn to fly with mixed success.

My origin tag is "bassmanmax" so feel free to add me and we can meet up and you can kill me sometime. Frankly, I'd have a lot of interest in hopping into an empty server just to practice flying/dogfighting and to work on weapon unlocks.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I love this game! Nice to have an epic fps finally made for PC and ported to other systems instead of the other way around. My Origin tag is shawnusmaximus if there is any other pc love out there.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I need to get this. Never played a BF game but I love COD. Was getting COD MW3 next month but maybe I should see if the boys want to get this instead for now?

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I love this game! Nice to have an epic fps finally made for PC and ported to other systems instead of the other way around. My Origin tag is shawnusmaximus if there is any other pc love out there.
Tried to add you but Origin said it couldn't find that tag...

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I am trying to figure out which way I want to go with all these new games. I liked the COD line of games, but everyone that I used to play online with is telling me to get into this BF 3 so we can game...they are drawing me in like vampires.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
If NVIDIA would fix their drivers for the 460 , I might actually be able to load and play the game. I'm so pissed off right now about it, I'm thinking I wasted my money.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
trying to decide if I wan this or wait a few days for COD. I don't get home until Nov 4th so I may wait.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ok .... I broke down and bought the PC version as I can't do the thumb-sticks (once you go PC you don't go....well you get it). My Origen handle is Zedman05 (big surprise). I will be on later tonight testing it out, as I need to finish the download. I love their fast connection speeds ! 750 k means 11.4 Gigs in 4.5 hours, WOW.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Let me know how it goes Zed. Started the download Sunday and I am still trying. At one point the download said 100% complete and 22.3 gb/11.4 gb and still downloading. Contacted customer service and for every question I asked all the guy could say was "yes". Yes what?? Yes you know the answer!!? "yes". I gave up and started all over again this morning. I'm now at 10.2 gb/ 11.4 gb.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have been playing it on both avenues mp and campaign and it might be one of the best games I have ever played. Everything about it is absolutely amazing.

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
Just finished the campaign. it was cool but kind of predictable. I wish they would've done more with the flying aspect of the campaign because I suck at flying...

I've been playing multiplayer and it's way better then the campaign. Which is no real surprise.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I wish they would've done more with the flying aspect of the campaign because I suck at flying...
Agreed... I've been signing into the "flying practice" servers, and have had a reasonable amount of improvement, despite the pros in there fragging the newb pilots. I went out and bought a joystick (with throttle control) last weekend, and it made a HUGE difference. Analog FTW!