What's new

Battle Field 3. Who's playing?

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
Agreed... I've been signing into the "flying practice" servers, and have had a reasonable amount of improvement, despite the pros in there fragging the newb pilots. I went out and bought a joystick (with throttle control) last weekend, and it made a HUGE difference. Analog FTW!
On PC or XBOX? That would so rock on XBOX....

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
On PC or XBOX? That would so rock on XBOX....
On PC... Don't know how the servers OR a joystick would work on Xbox. I presume the Xbox analog sticks make flying a lot easier than having to roll a mouse back and forth on the PC, but I don't know how that's all set up.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm loving the multiplayer. Conquest mode is the best.

I played three levels of the singleplayer and stopped. I was never a fan of their singleplayer portions of the game.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I am back playing online multi with the crew I used to game with. It is soooo much fun when on teamspeak and shit-talking without having to type everything out.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Playing it on XBOX360, best multiplayer ever in my opinion. Have not bothered with single player, I just play online. Much better than the COD in my opinion, it required more planning and teamwork then simply fast "reflexes"

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
It definitely helps to have a flight stick for the flying aspect. I was using a mouse at first, but broke down and actually dug out my flight stick from 2005 and it is the "bomb". I am still amazed at how many people are so proficient at killing me in so many ways though, I guess I just need to level up a lot more for better weapons.
As for fast reflex games, that seems more my style. I loved Quake 3 Rocket Arena back in 2000'ish and that game was all fast twitch response. You just have to get used to not panicing and slow down your response to gradually learn to play to that speed. After a while it actually becomes natural.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I finally got a system stable enough to run this on PC. Anyone interested in doing some co-op missions?

My Origin name is "veeref" also.

Randy

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Got to play it last night for an hour for the first time. Not bad at all, the maps seem a lot bigger than on cod. I still suck at this game too !

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Got it for Christmas but haven't had the chance to try it out. It looks amazing. I like COD MW3 but dang the maps are small. Looking forward to playing this.

sinistersnake81 on Xbox Live

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I think I just hit 200 hours playing it. You can tell most of the COD players that just got it as they only care about kill count and don't take objectives. We get a lot of laughs out of it.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I think I just hit 200 hours playing it. You can tell most of the COD players that just got it as they only care about kill count and don't take objectives. We get a lot of laughs out of it.
Haha! That is so damn true. It makes me laugh my ass off to hear them whine.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Really getting fed up with the server connection issue. I've got to keep browsing for a server that has a gap for me. :cryloud:

I'm enjoying trying to shoot down the choppers and planes with the AA guns at the moment.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Really getting fed up with the server connection issue. I've got to keep browsing for a server that has a gap for me. :cryloud:

I'm enjoying trying to shoot down the choppers and planes with the AA guns at the moment.
I suck sooooo bad at using AA guns!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The Goose (mobile AA) is a blast, the base fixed AA guns were nerfed (and moved to bad positions) and to me are basically useless. I really don't like conquest assault.