What's new

Battle Field 3. Who's playing?

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
The Goose (mobile AA) is a blast, the base fixed AA guns were nerfed (and moved to bad positions) and to me are basically useless. I really don't like conquest assault.
I don't think I have ever seen the mobile AA. I play mostly squad deathmatch so that is probably why. I will have to play some conquest and check it out.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I haven't seen that either on conquest. But I am so bad at it I'm only just getting some add pm's for the weapons. Tow missile is the latest.

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
The Goose (mobile AA) is a blast, the base fixed AA guns were nerfed (and moved to bad positions) and to me are basically useless. I really don't like conquest assault.
I totally agree. With the base fixed AA you have to have patience and hope the bad guys accidently fly over your base. It blows at times.

Any one else suck at flying or getting kills with the Jets using the XBOX controller? It's a fricking pain the ass. I'm getting tired of chasing around someone with just guns and no rockets. Anyone got any tips for it?

Choppers, seem to be easier to fly, then the jets. They can still be a pain in the ass but they're easier to control in my opinion.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I gave up on the jets. The choppers aren't bad though. I am a aircraft assassin. ;) My buddy carries the laser designator and I carry a javelin.

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
I gave up on the jets. The choppers aren't bad though. I am a aircraft assassin. ;) My buddy carries the laser designator and I carry a javelin.
Yeah, I think I'm giving up on planes as well.

The javelin was pissing me off tonight. I finally got heat seeker rockets for the attack helo and scout, so I was looking forward to tearing stuff up. However, this one douche kept nailing me with a one shot javelin kill!!

I try doing the same with the javelin and I can't get a single lock on aircraft!! So pissed...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yeah I picked it up for ps3. I'm a little disappointed With the campaign modes gameplay being a little clumsy. I do agree that in "normal" it is a challenge, in a good way. The multiplayer I think is great, it's fun using all the vehicles.... The aircraft require a lot of trial and error though!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm fantastic at committing suicide in the helicopters. I've given up on flying.
If you haven't tried it, change the settings on the helo controls to legacy. Much easier for me.

I can put on an airshow in the jets, just can't shoot anything down, lol. Love flying the helos. You can do some impressive things with them once you get the hang of it.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
If you haven't tried it, change the settings on the helo controls to legacy. Much easier for me.

I can put on an airshow in the jets, just can't shoot anything down, lol. Love flying the helos. You can do some impressive things with them once you get the hang of it.
I second that!

over all, i think this game was a disappointment for me. I expected so much more from them. I LOVED BFBC2, pretty much everything about it was balanced and fun. Then they roll out this game...

I think the biggest annoyance for me is the ratio of map size to players. I walk/drive for far too long just to find an asshat who has been lying prone in a bush for 20 minutes to give me a lobotomy. There, I'm done with my rant.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BTW the moble AA guns used to only be on the canal map playing rush. Now you find them on that, plus rush or conquest on wake island. On conquest only one spawns at B (airfield) in the first hanger where the helo spawns. Be ready to be hit by jihad jeeps (a jeep loaded wit c4 that rams you and blows up) as you piss people off with it pretty fast. Only the BEST helo pilots have a chance.