What's new

Beads-Problem with humidity level

Everon

CigarARTer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help tackle - a problem with beads.
I have 5 pounds of beads in hymidor to 25 cigars format Corona. After filling distilled water two days, 70% humidity. But then it drops to 65%. Although the beads themselves are precisely at 70. Hygrometer my email and accurate, so that mistakes can not be ... Someone faced with this?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Okay I from what I understand you seasoned your humidor for two days and then put the sticks in.. right? and you've calibrated the hygrometer.

Well I usually season my humidors till the humidity reads around 80% because once you put cigars in it tends to lower the humidity a little... secondly how big a humi are we talking about here if the humi is less than half full it isn't uncommon to have fluctuations in humidity or get inaccurate readings.. the beads are pretty solid but most likely in this case you've put the cigars in too quickly and your humidor hasn't seasoned properly.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
if yout humidity is 65% then you are just fine. I wouldn't want mine over 65%, and your 70% beads may just end up settling at 65% given the variables like the seal, and ambient relative humidity outside of the humi. A 65% humidor in my opinion is better than 70%.

Everon

CigarARTer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if yout humidity is 65% then you are just fine. I wouldn't want mine over 65%, and your 70% beads may just end up settling at 65% given the variables like the seal, and ambient relative humidity outside of the humi. A 65% humidor in my opinion is better than 70%.
Ie No problem.
Thank you for your explanation.
The only - is unclear, because the beads did calculated at 70 and is 5 pounds ... Strange.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
5 pounds of beads for a 25 coutn humidor? am i understanding correctly?

If so, that's a lot of beads. for a 25 count humidor, you only need quarter pound at most. maybe just a shot glass full.

Everon

CigarARTer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is ridiculous, but 5 pounds is small - the humidity is kept at 70 instead of 65%.

5 pounds of beads for a 25 coutn humidor? am i understanding correctly?

If so, that's a lot of beads. for a 25 count humidor, you only need quarter pound at most. maybe just a shot glass full.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
It is ridiculous, but 5 pounds is small - the humidity is kept at 70 instead of 65%.

What BBall was saying is that 5lbs of beads is enough for a huge cabinet humidor. you would be plenty fine with 5 ounces of beads in a small desk top humidor. Can you find a link or picture of your humidor and post that? It would help.

Everon

CigarARTer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh shit! Excuse me - it belongs to all who are here! I was wrong - not pounds and 5 ounces of course! ))

What BBall was saying is that 5lbs of beads is enough for a huge cabinet humidor. you would be plenty fine with 5 ounces of beads in a small desk top humidor. Can you find a link or picture of your humidor and post that? It would help.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Blasted online translators make everything hard. Even getting why someone wants a picture of a hamster in a humidor.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Буду стараться струи воды с бусы, когда они обращаются белые. Если вы положите слишком много воды бусы не будут держать влажность правильно и он будет резких скачков. Попробуйте просто мало воды, если нужно добавить какие-либо вообще.

Если бусы обращаются белые часто, то возникает проблема с humidor. Бисер обусловлены кремнезем и действительно только одна вещь, так что проблем не будет с бисером.