What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I'd best describe it as a fruity stout. Not real roasty or bitter like some stouts. It's classified as a "tropical" stout I think. I believe they use heavy sugar dosing to bring the alcohol up to the 8.8% from a probably 6%abv malt recipe. It's medium bodied and drinkable for sure. It's bottle conditioned which I love. It certainly tastes boozy but I've grown to like that personally!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. Trying to ration it cause I don't know how available it'll be locally since the place that used to carry that kind of stuff got blown away. I'll be sad when this is gone though.

Dan

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Due to being on a 5 day boil water advisory I am drinking lots of beer. The first few were my 4.8% abv Belgian Witbier. Right now I'm drinking a Sam Adams Pumpkin ale. I have tons of water because I stocked up for Hurricane Irene.

Note if you have a flood, go find the nearest homebrewer. He will have buckets, lots of beer, and a way to boil water if its unsafe. My neighbors love me right now. I'm boiling 5gal of water at a time quickly and giving them beer!

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Picked up a 12pk of Henry Weinhards IPA to see what it's all about. Tried a bottle last night. While I wouldn't say it the best IPA I've ever tried. It's deffinatly drinkable and priced right.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Had some Sad Adams Octoberfest on draft yesterday and finished it off with some Yazoo Hop Project draft.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Due to being on a 5 day boil water advisory I am drinking lots of beer. The first few were my 4.8% abv Belgian Witbier. Right now I'm drinking a Sam Adams Pumpkin ale. I have tons of water because I stocked up for Hurricane Irene.

Note if you have a flood, go find the nearest homebrewer. He will have buckets, lots of beer, and a way to boil water if its unsafe. My neighbors love me right now. I'm boiling 5gal of water at a time quickly and giving them beer!
Nice work! Spreading the love!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Now you're a neighbor I'd wanna have in case of an emergency Adam...and not just for the beer...but that wouldn't suck!..lol.

I'm getting through my first glass of the Ayinger Oktoberfest pictured in the OP...and it's pretty kick ass. I dig it! Ribs on the grill and then just need what to decide to smoke with it after..

Happy Saturday folks!

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Watched my Texans destroy the Colts today while enjoying this bad boy! Boy did a bottle of this knock me out. I took a two hour nap after finishing a bottle of this stuff. It was quite delicious, and I cant wait to see what it does over time.

Then started off the cowboys game with this. I'm not a big Belgian guy, but Im trying my best to try and like them.....with not a whole lot of luck so far.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
That Black Butte Porter is some good stuff.

Today I went down to the lounge and enjoyed a Ninkasi Tricerahops. It's pretty smooth tripple hopped IPA with some kick to it.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
My Redskins whipped the Giants today so I'm drinking an Epic Brewing "Smoked & Aged" Belgian Style Ale!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Then started off the cowboys game with this. I'm not a big Belgian guy, but Im trying my best to try and like them.....with not a whole lot of luck so far.
They're not for everyone. My wife likes belgians that don't taste like belgians a whole lot. Wittekerke is her favorite wheat beer but to my knowledge it's not made with a belgian wit yeast. It has a very subdued ester character. She's not a fan of the banana and clove flavors that you get with a lot of belgian beers. Is it that type of flavor that puts you off?