What's new

Beer O da day!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yesterday's lineup:

3 Floyd's - Live a Rich Life... A Belgian IPA.

St. Bernardus Abt 12... Always good!

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
The most recent release of Terrapin's side projects.

Terrapin Samurai Krunkles , brewing ingredients such as jasmine rice, jasmine green tea and the finest ginger the Orient had to offer for this Samurai master’s ale.

It's tasty, sumwhat fresh tasting, I like it/

P1030400.jpg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually had this a couple days ago, I thought it was fantastic especially for 6%. Liefmans also makes Fruitesse which is a very mellow 4% fruit beer instead of a sour but it has a ton of cherry/raspberry flavors. It pairs amazing with white and dark chocolates. If you like the Cuvee-Brut I would HIGHLY recommend trying some Fruitesse and doing a desert pairing with it.
Thanks for the tip!

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've had it. And it was a hodge-podge of different flavors. At different points in time you could really pick up the different barrels it was aged in.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I liked it. As cvm4 said, there's a lot going. The impressive thing to me is that they did an excellent job blending everything together. I believe it was 4 beers (The Dissident, The Stioc, Fred, and Adam) aged in multiple barrels (Rye Whiskey, Cognac, Sherry, Pinot Noir, Bourbon, new American Oak, and new Oregon Oak). It's just over 11% yet the alcohol was masked pretty well. It was a little pricey which would make me hesitate buying more but I would recommend trying it. Deschutes and HOTD are also two of my favorite breweries. I think they did a good job here. Nothing super amazing but a good quality beer, which again is impressive considering all the blending and ageing.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I liked it. As cvm4 said, there's a lot going. The impressive thing to me is that they did an excellent job blending everything together. I believe it was 4 beers (The Dissident, The Stioc, Fred, and Adam) aged in multiple barrels (Rye Whiskey, Cognac, Sherry, Pinot Noir, Bourbon, new American Oak, and new Oregon Oak). It's just over 11% yet the alcohol was masked pretty well. It was a little pricey which would make me hesitate buying more but I would recommend trying it. Deschutes and HOTD are also two of my favorite breweries. I think they did a good job here. Nothing super amazing but a good quality beer, which again is impressive considering all the blending and ageing.
That's a shame it's good considering the blending, blending should produce a sum greater than it's parts. Beer is no different than spirits or wine in the blending department. Maybe I'm catching the comments wrong, but I don't want to buy any if it's $10 a 12oz. bottle or something along those lines.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Spike & Jeromes collaboration ale ... Poored last night, no carbonation. Great smell, sour red grapes and no rum showing through. A taste that takes some time getting used to.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Spike & Jeromes collaboration ale ... Poored last night, no carbonation. Great smell, sour red grapes and no rum showing through. A taste that takes some time getting used to.

Terrapin makes some great stuff. I might have to pop a vladdy open tonight.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Over the past few days:

Amazing! A tad sweet but the coffee flavor and body is phenominal

Their collaboration with Terrapin. They kept it simple and the rye shines through in smell and taste.

Consecration...Another one of Russian River's great sours... Loving sours and saisons right now!