What's new

Beer O da day!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Agreed... I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a malt like bomb as in Double Bastard. But, Lucky Basartd is a bit better, IMO. Different styles, I know, I just can't help but compare on name alone.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Agreed... I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a malt like bomb as in Double Bastard. But, Lucky Basartd is a bit better, IMO. Different styles, I know, I just can't help but compare on name alone.
I thought the same thing...hard not to compare the Bastards. Do like this much better as well.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Went to a dogfish head tasting today and sampled:

120 Minute IPA (2011 Vintage)
Chateau Jiahu (2011 Vintage)
Immort Ale (2011 Vintage)
Pearl Jam Twenty Faithfull (2011 Vintage)
Hellhound On My Ale
Positive Contact
Ta Henket

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0

Hellhound On My Ale
Positive Contact
Ta Henket
Uhhh lol well how was it? We have DFH coming up next month in md then lagunitas in sept
It was amazing! A brewer from Dogfish Head was at the event and me and him talked for a while about the beers. Very knowledgable beer and gave me some great inside about the company. I got more respect for the company when I learned they are the largest producer of high ABV beers(Like 120/WWS) and have many employees from marcos like AB and Samuel Adams who transferred over. I was the youngest guy at the event with around 70 people yet I had great beer talks with many people two or three times my age.

120 Vintage: It was the first time having it and it was as great, if not better, than PtE for me. It drank far easier than WWS and had an amazing citrusy front flavor that was delicious and very effective at masking the ABV.

Immort Ale Vintage: It was far better than it was fresh, like hands down better. It ages very well and had me very surprised how amazing of a beer it is for the price.

The other 5 it was my first time having so I don't have anything to compare to. All were great beers, and a lot of very unique beers. Nothing I would run to the store to buy a case of, but all are worth a bottle pick up to have at least once. Positive Contact was one of my favorite beers I have had from Dogfish Head(Ive had 20) and love the style. I had to try it since I have liked Dan the Automator since I heard Mastermind for the first time many years ago. The beer is so incredibly refreshing that you just want another sip, I might be buying a bottle of this in the near future, It is a shame this year's release isnt coming out with the record in the box.

For $3 it was the best tasting I have been to. I had a great time with a ton of great people who showed up. Also got some nice purchases before the event and got a free Dogfish Head logo keychain as well.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0

Hellhound On My Ale
Positive Contact
Ta Henket
Uhhh lol well how was it? We have DFH coming up next month in md then lagunitas in sept
It was amazing! .
Cool thanks for the review I think ours is June 1st. And looking forward to it. 120 is due to drop again in June I believe as well

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Ballast point hit Chicago this month. Scooped up a quartet earluer today. A R.I.S., coffee vanilla porter, ipa and an imperial red I'm drinking tonight. Pretty good, I'll get this one again.